Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Begining of Some of The Lasts...

Today is a big day! This is the last day of School and Work for the kiddos and I! (Insert weeping sound) I secretly wish I could say that it was my last day of work for a while (maybe one day :) but at least I get a week off do get the 1001 things I need to do before we move to Owensboro!

I realize the kiddos are only 2 and 4 but it makes me sad to see Palmer really taking this all in and realizing he is leaving friends and the uncertainty of finding new ones. I have said before he is my mini me so he analyzes everything, Annie is the free spirit that will bloom wherever she goes. Palmer will too he is just more cautious :) In a month they will totally have moved on to their new home, new school and new friends, that is what is great about kids!

So here are the best pics I could take at 7 am this morning of their last day of school in Louisville. It is water works day so that is why they have swim trunks on and cover-ups, I haven't gone that far off the deep end yet :)

 
I swear I can't get this girl to stop looking up and smiling at her big brother, I hope it never stops!

This kind of looks like a kiddie mug shot! haha Camera phone + bad lighting = scary mug shot of my kiddos!

Making funny faces! They think they are Hilarious even when they aren't!

I am almost to the point where I can say "I made it" I have survived being a single momma for 11 weeks Monday -Friday (sometimes Sunday - Friday, they extra night DOES count :) There were times when I didn't think I had it in me and there were times I thought, I could conquer the world! In the end I am grateful for this experience it has taught me SO much about myself my strengths and my weaknesses! I am stronger than I thought, I appreciate my husband more now than even before, we work the best as a "whole" family, I like having "me" time at night, I don't mind staying by myself in the house as much as I thought. I have gained patience, I have lost patience, I have laughed and cried (a lot), but I made it! So our families homecoming will be that much sweeter!

My mom told me I am on my "middle life's journey" it kind of scared me at first, since I tend to think of myself as 18 :) but then when I think about it, it is pretty cool! I am totally excited for this "middle life journey" bring it on baby!

No comments: