Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23

September 23rd will always hold a special place in my heart! First off, it is my Nana's birthday. I know she is having a grand celebration in Heaven right now! She LOVED, LOVED her birthdays, the presents, the gifts, the attention! ha! (in a good way) she mainly loved watching her family get together for a reason!

September 23rd is also special because on this day five years ago we found out we were pregnant with Palmer. When I thought of that today and the fact that it has been 5 years, it literally took my breathe away! How in the world has 5 years passed in the blink of an eye. I can remember that moment like it was yesterday. Where I was standing, what I was wearing, when I called my mom, how I felt, etc.... It was the happiest and scariest day of my life!

I can remember going to Olive Garden that night to celebrate Nana's birthday and announcing that I was pregnant to her on her birthday! That is something special I will never forget. I love today and that it makes me think of my Nana and my sweet, sweet boy. Today is a day that I will treasure always!
Nana and Palmer May 2008

No comments: