Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Thank You!

A year ago today was the day that I decided that I had had enough of my life with alcohol. I can't believe it has already been one year. In a way it seems like just yesterday I was that scared and broken person that wanted so badly for my life to be different but then again when I look in the mirror and see the person I am now, it seems like it has been a lifetime since those days.

I can't tell you the countless amount of things that I have learned about myself over this past year. One of the biggest things that I have learned is that I like myself and the person I am becoming and that is such a great feeling cause whether I wanted to admit it or not I am not sure I liked myself for a long time.

I have experienced so many things for the first time SOBER! What an eye opening experience!

One of the biggest things I have learned is that I have the most amazing family and friends!!! There are always people in my meetings saying that when they got sober they lost all of their so called "friends" because they were never friends to begin with. I am SO thankful this wasn't the case for me. My friends and family have been unbelievably supportive and I can't thank you all enough for the gift you have given me in friendship! It has been so awesome to see the different ways that you all have supported me throughout this year!

I am SO thankful to be given this second chance at a better life. I LOVE my life and although it is not perfect (because no one's is) it is my life and I am embracing it and living it in the moment.

Thank you to everyone who has stood by me over this year, I could never thank you enough. I am so thankful to have made it this far and I can't wait to see what new surprises this year brings!

1 comment:

sara said...

I am thankful for YOUR friendship...and so proud of your strength! Way to go, you! What a cause for celebration.