Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Came and Went in the Blink of an Eye!

Nana with Palmer!

Nana, Papaw, Grandchildren, and Great-Grandchildren

Joe, Ash, Tex, Palmer and I


This pretty much "sums up" Palmers Easter Mood!

Palmer's 1st set of clubs and Easter basket

Palmer's Easter Outfit!
Well, Easter came and went So fast!!! All of the excitement and build up and then it was all over! Palmer had a double ear infection that caused his other wise happy mood to deteriorate for most of the weekend! He did show some slight signs of delight over Easter and gave me an occasional half smile here and there :) His Easter basket was filled with fun stuff and the one thing he picked out was the 99 cent plastic Easter egg! I should have known it!

We had a great time in Georgetown with the family, it was and is always so nice to be around family!!! It was great seeing Ashley and Joe for the first time since the big engagement! Her ring is gorgeous!

While Nana looked beautiful you could tell she was putting on a brave face for everyone! Her usually talkative self seemed much more demure this visit and she was just kind of taking all of the commotion in. It was the first time she didn't say "Why is everyone leaving already?" as the commotion probably wore her and Papaw out! I just cherish every minute that I get to see the joy on her face when she sees Palmer, it is priceless!!!
We had our family tradition of KFC! Yes, that is right Kentucky Fried Chicken for Easter dinner! You can't get more Kentucky than that! :) haha


ON A SIDE NOTE TO ALL MOTHERS:
Do you ever sense that your children know when a big Event or holiday is going on? I swear Palmer has this innate sense that causes him to turn into a different child whenever there is something big going on! At home he is my "little angel" that plays and entertains himself, Mr. Independent, happy go lucky, the whole 9 yards... and then lately anytime there is too much commotion or something big is happening outside of his surroundings he just kind of frazzles and turns into the child who won't let me leave his side and can't be left alone to play, and doesn't go to other people. I would hope that most moms would tell me that this is just a phase and that this is exactly what happens when our little ones turn this age and he will adapt soon enough!

Obviously I love that fact that he wants "me" his mom! But I also don't want to have "that kid" that is tugging on my pants for me to pick him up constantly! I want him to be happy in his Aunt Ashley's arms and play with his great nana. I want him to be well rounded and I know he will be, I guess this age is hard when they are away from their familar territory. Two things that moms used to say before I was a mom that used to irritate me :) 1. He is "over stimulated" and 2. He just isn't the same when he is "out of his surroundings" I used to roll my eyes and give a under the breath chuckle to myself and think what a load of... well you know! But now as a mom of an almost 1 year old! I hear myself saying these things exactly, and I say the ever popular "I promise he doesn't act like this at home" or "I don't know what has gotten into him"!

If any moms out there would like to leave me a comment and assure me that my child is the norm I would greatly appreciate it!haha I love talking to other mom's, more experienced moms that just seem to pour out a wealth of knowledge on every subject from ear infections to what not to feed your child before their first birthday! I hope that I can be that "all knowing" to some newer, naive mom one day. :) I can't thank the moms I do know enough for the advice they have given me throughout these 10 months!
Glad to have gotten this off of my chest!!!

No comments: