Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Men Are From Mars...

For those of you that know me personally you know that I LOVE my husband dearly. He is my best friend and one of the hardest workers I know. With that being said after 10 years he still has the ability to make me cock my head to the side, scrunch my nose and brow and look at him like he has just spoken to me in Japanese.

Here is a great example: We are t-minus 8 days till moving out of our house and we have SOOO much to do! No one is on a schedule, boxes are taking over our house and things are just chaotic! I am constantly making to-do lists and planning my course of action for the next 8 days... this is something that Tex despises; my planning!

So, our conversation goes a little something like this today:

Me: Hey babe hope your having a good day, what time are you going to be home tonight? We have so much to get done... what room should we tackle tonight? I rolled out all of the utilities and, Oh I got brand new plates at Kohl's I am so excited... the movers are scheduled and I called the contractor, etc... (you see where I am heading with this)

Tex : That's great babe I will be home sometime late this afternoon (thanks for narrowing it down buddy!) Don't know what room to start on but we will get it done babe don't worry about it.

Me: Ok, well I will cook dinner and we can start doing some things after the kids are in bed I just feel like we are in over our heads but I am sure you are right we will get things done. We just have SO much to do and I just want to make sure we have time to get it all done.

FAST FORWARDED TO ONE HOUR LATER:

Tex: Hey babe on lunch, just calling to check on you. What did you feel like doing tonight? Are there any good movies that we can rent?

Seriously???????? Are all men like this or just mine? And who the heck does he think is going to pack our entire house that includes his two kids and dog, the packing fairy? He was lucky we were on the phone and that I was busy at work! Men... can't live with them, can't live without them!



No comments: