Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A weekend of honoring....

I know I have been a horrible Blogger! I don't know what has gotten into me. It seems has if life is going full speed right now and I don't know how to slow it down! This is a busy, busy month for the Templeton's and I am trying to do everything but it seems like I am doing nothing :) Ever have one of those days?
Just a catch up....
This past weekend was filled with lots of Love, Memories, and Honoring. The weekend started off with us going to Lexington for an induction ceremony honoring my grandfather into Henry Clay High School's Hall of Fame. My grandfather passed away before I was born after a long battle with cancer. He was an amazing artist and from what I have heard an even more amazing art teacher. Five people were inducted that night ranging from a business man, a professional athlete, a NBA coach, and my grandfather. It was so touching to here what a legacy these men left. All were still living but my grandfather and another man. It was a great ceremony and I one that I will treasure for a long time. It was great seeing my uncle from Michigan, it isn't very often that we all get together so it was wonderful! Ashley had her camera so as soon as she downloads here photos I will share them!
As for Mothers Day it was such a great celebration!!! Tex and Palmer treated me like a queen :) They started it off Saturday night with dinner at PF Changs and then off to a Bats Game (SO much fun!!) Sunday we did nothing but be lazy and lay around in our pjs! Palmer gave me some new shoes, nail polish, a loofah, and some bubble bath so that I could have some "mommy time" he was a perfect angel that day to boot!
I am SO blessed and grateful to be a mother. It has changed my life forever, there is no greater gift than his love. Tex did such a good job on my very first mothers day! I am a lucky gal!!!
Well, Joe and Ash have been up most of the week because Joe is doing classes for his new job! It has been awesome having them here and I wish after they move they could come back to Louisville but I am not getting my hopes up :) They are moving So soon! I need to make arrangements to go to Minnesota at some point, I am going to miss them so much!!!
Mom gets in Monday and I couldn't be more excited! We have a WHOLE week with her! Palmer's b-day is fastly approaching and I can't wait for all of the chaos and to see all of our friends and families and all of the babies I have been missing! I am praying for good weather because we SO don't have a plan B!
Just started Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult for book club! Such a good book I definitely recommend it! This has been such a random post :)
Here is my angel in his birthday outfit! He melts my heart!

No comments: