Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

I GOT MY STIMULUS CHECK!!!!

Hooray for the the stimulus check! (My mom thinks it is so funny that I call it that for some reason!) Call it whatever you want but it is the green stuff that everyone can't get enough of and it was deposited into my account this morning! I wonder if anyone else called the bank first thing in the morning to see if their check was really, truly in there? Surely I couldn't have been the only one. I know there were other people out there that couldn't believe it until they actually saw it!

So as any good citizen would do I have already accumulated many great ways to spend, spend, spend this money! I feel it is my duty to the economy to not put this money into my savings account where it should go but rather run as quickly as I can to the nearest Walmart, Target, Mall, etc.... and see how fast I can spend it and that is exactly what I intend to do starting tonight! :)

As everyone in the city of Louisville attends Derby parties and events my family has involuntarily chosen to boycott the festivities and instead go shopping! The first purchase of the night is going to be Palmer's swing set (Shhhh! It's a secret for his birthday!!!) We are so excited and all the reviews on Walmart.com say it only takes 7 hours to assemble! WOOHOO!




I think Palmer will love it! I can't wait to see his happy little face when he gets to swing everyday!! The second purchase we are going to make is Landscaping and some additional patio furniture. I wish someone would "makeover" our patio and yard but we are going to have our own DIY mini makeover. I want it to exude summer paradise when I walk out my back door that is until you notice the other 2 houses so close you can touch them and my neighbors not so finished above ground pool, but anyways off the subject. I want it to be a kid friendly mini oasis (is that an oxymoron?) So, i am thinking about 2 chaise lounges, that sounds nice right?

Well, anyways most of the money is going to go to the outdoor makeover so hopefully Tex and I will know what we are doing when making over our yard. The rest of the money will go toward P's b-day and our family trip to Destin!!! (By the way I can't wait to be on the beach) So I will rest easy tonight knowing that I am helping the economy by spending my money on frivolous things rather than saving it or investing it for the future. God Bless America :)

PS... Sorry I have posted for a while. Bad Blogger! I promise to be more diligent in my efforts. (Can you sense the sarcasm throughout this whole post?) I do have some hilarious pics of P and Tex that I must post soon!!!


No comments: