Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One Year Ago Today....



Dear Sweet Baby Boy,
One year ago today was the day that you were "supposed" to arrive. Although we tried everything you were too comfortable in mommy's tummy and didn't want to come out. Since it was my due date Dr. Gigi thought that I should have an ultrasound just to see if everything was ok. I went with Neenie to the dr's office (your daddy was at work) and we nervously awaited the ultrasound. When we got in there we found that you were fine but you had actually stop growing at 31 weeks. Mommy was so scared but they assured me that we (you and I) were going to be fine but they wanted to go on and admit me to the hospital because you needed to come out soon!! I called your daddy and he did everything but stumble over his feet in a hurry to get to the hospital, little did we know it would be almost 24 hours from the time that I was submitted unitl you were born!
I love the above pictures because although I knew life was going to be different I had no idea that you would change everything in my life. I never knew I could love someone so much. I can't wait till your birthday tomorrow and to just lay in bed with you before the day starts and thank God for a healthy, beautiful, baby boy. Every year I want to remember what it was like the day you were born and it scares me that with each year those memories will fade more and more but if I am anything like my mom she describes my birth like it was yesterday! I love you with all of my heart and I will write you tomorrow on the big DAY!!!

No comments: