Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wild and Crazy week!

Well, another week has escaped me! I don't know how this is happening, things just seem to be going so quickly :) This weekend proved to be another exciting yet super busy weekend. You know the kind of weekend where you stop to look and it is 7 pm on Sunday night and you don't understand how that happened :) It seems like Tex and I try to do too many things on the weekends and end up wearing ourselves out. That is something we have to work on but it is just our personalities and we continue to do it and continue to be exhausted :)

I downloaded my pictures in the wrong order so I am going to go backwards on the weekend re-cap! Sunday we decided to do a lot to the nursery, Tex finished up most of the painting (minus a few touch ups that need to be done) and then with a lot of co-ercing he put together the crib. So, I got to place most of the furniture, put on the crib bedding, and lay out the shams and duvet cover on the full bed. It is a rough idea of what the nursery will look like but it is coming together. We still don't have the curtains hung, things on the wall, bed skirts for the crib and bed but you can get an idea. I love it, I think I will want to spend a lot of time in there! Funny enough we have caught Molly sleeping in the bed for the past few nights and Palmer thinks it is his new favorite room! Little does he know what is going to be coming to that room :)

View of the crib and dresser... (the rocker will go in the corner with the ottoman)

View of the green walls and the full bed with matching bedding

Close up view of the crib and bedding

This next photo could be one of my all time favorite Palmer pics! He loves bath time and Sunday night mommy went a little overboard with the bubbles and he thought they were hilarious! I have to admit our nighttime routine which includes bath time is one of the most special times of the day! How can you be upset with this face????


Now back tracking to Friday we headed to Owensboro to visit Tex's family and to attend Ethans b-day on Saturday. Unfortanetly for whatever reason my sweet 18 month old boy is NOT a cooperative traveler. I have fretted about this time after time but I have come to the conclusion that this is just the make up of Palmer and he is not one for change and new surroundings at this stage in the game. This being said... Traveling is tough on me. Palmer just gets so excited and over stimulated that he stays up all night crying and is just one big walking meltdown.
With me being 6 months pregnant, trying to work full time and running after an 18 month old this in turn, turned mommy into one big walking meltdown as well. So our stay in Owensboro didn't go as planned as usual but we moved on and pushed thru to the birthday party. I am confident that one day Palmer will adapt easier but for right now he likes his bed, his house and his routine and Tex and I are going to have to be ok with that :)
He did seem to make it thru the b-day party in great spirits after the restless night. He LOVES his cousins more than anything and LOVED hanging out with "the big kids" here are a few action shots.....

Palmer got caught literally red handed digging into the cake


He is going in for another "secret" swipe

I loved this picture cause it is him sitting with the "big kids"
Katelyn (his ever conscienous cousin) kept informing me that
Palmer was only eating his chips and not his hot dog :) I told
her that we had to pick our battles with him sometimes haha

All in all it was a good weekend. It seems I wear down faster than I did when I was pregnant with Palmer. I guess this is normal with the second pregnancy? We are looking forward to some weekends at home and for a LONG Thanksgiving weekend! WOOHOO!
I get to go see Ms. Ann Mason on Friday for an ultrasound so I will hopefully FINALLY get some good shots of her and post them!

2 comments:

Connie Shear said...

My grandson is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! I can't wait until Ann Mason is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie Shear said...

He is so cute when he is at the cake! I love Ann Mason's room!! It is beautiful as I am sure she will be and tell Tex he did a wonderful job!!!!!