Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy but Fun Weekend

Yet another weekend has blown by! I swear I really don't know where the time has gone! We had a GREAT weekend and we were pretty productive in between our busy schedule! We got Ann Mason's room ALMOST finished! I am so excited about the way it turned out. The only things we have left to do is hang a shelf and then right before Christmas we get her bow holder and Painted Canvas from Melissa at http://melbelleart.blogspot.com/ I am SO pumped about both of those.

Of course there are SO many things I would still love to do but unfortunately my budget thinks differently. :) I don't know why my budget won't allow for a totally girly chandelier in the middle of the room or an overly expensive rug to match the bedding? But I think Ann Mason will be happy in her new room! We took the rocker from Palmer's room and placed it in Ann Mason's room, I am SO glad we were able to use this rocker in there too! So, here are some of the pics from the weekend of her room.

Here is her vanity :) I actually had this in my room since I was 13, maybe one day she will sit and do her hair just like I did! The pink chick is a light that matches her bedding and the pink pale says Chicks Rule :) heehee



Here is the rocker now in Ann Mason's room and the AWESOME
taggy blanket that I got on Etsy.com - Noodles and Milk



My crafty project with ribbons and frames!



A view of the crib, frames, rocker and curtains!



Pictures with the Hot Pink curtains!




So I don't know what other mothers do during the winter :) My son LOATHES being in the house for more than like 3 hours at a time. This makes things quite difficult when the weather is FREEZING outside. I think that if we go to the mall one more time to play on the steamboat I might scream :0 We have now learned that the Bass Pro Shop is a great place to go to keep kids entertained! haha We are even resorting going to Costco tonight to walk around and see what they have to offer. What do other moms do when it is cold outside, any suggestions? Or do most kids just not hate being inside as much as my little rascal!
Speaking of the rascal here is a picture of him and Aunt Ashley! The LOVE each other now.



Since, I realize that not every night can be filled with walking around the above mentioned shops I thought maybe craft hour once a week would help fill some time inside the house. When I was little one of my favorite things to do at Christmas was make a construction paper chain with the countdown to how many days until Christmas. I thought this would be perfect for us to make so we started the chain with Dec 1st and with each day we wrote things we were thankful for. Of course being the dork that I am I was REALLY into this and by the 5th day Palmer and Tex had lost all interest and Palmer was biting off the tips of his crayons and Tex was doodling on some paper while I was screaming "We have 20 days left what the heck are you thankful for!" Tex said this is exactly why I need a little girl who will love doing these things with her mommy cause I am certainly not going to get that out of those two boys! Needless to say I completed the chain the rest of the way with no help from them, but I think it turned out great~ :)

No comments: