Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Highlight Reel and What I Thought about 2013!


2013
What a wonderful year you have been! There have been several years where I have been more than happy to wave goodbye and move on to a fresh year and new beginnings! Even though I love the new start and possibilities of what the year is going to bring I must say I will look back on 2013 with the fondest of memories!
 
I don't know if it is getting older or just our circumstances but Tex and I both feel so content with where we are in life. Sure there are things that we want to strive for career wise, personally, etc... but I guess we quit searching for our "next big move" or the "next big phase" in our lives and just started trying to live in the present and enjoy what we have.
 
We have amazing children, amazing families, amazing friends and an amazing God and when all is said and done that is all that matters in this life. Yep, 2013 has been a good year. We both have grown professionally and personally and can't wait to continue on our journey!
 
Here are just some of the highlights. Memories that when I think back to these days melt my heart and bring a smile to my face.
Chandler getting dedicated at church! Such a sweet and special day for our whole family!

Growing in my relationships with both my mom and dad. So blessed to have them both in my life. I think as we get older we appreciate our parents journeys more and more. I think we realize that they were just like how we are now. Parents just trying to do the best they could. They both loved us and still do unconditionally and I am so glad to have great relationships with them both now!

We also got to watch Annie grown up this year! She is still our spit fire and strong willed child but let me tell you... this girl has a confidence that I could have only dreamed about! I love it about her, I can't wait to see what she does with all of her passion!

Visits with forever friends, friends that have been in my life for 20 + years and making memories now with them and our kids. Priceless!

 
 
This picture just brings a smile to my face. It wasn't a hugely significant day but we took the big kids to an indoor water park and it was just a GREAT day. Just pure joy from all four of us. Days like these are such a blessing. 

 
Watching this guy blossom!!! He has grown up so much and has branched out and tried new adventures and I am so proud of him! He is so very smart, creative and intuitive. He is going to do some pretty awesome things!

 
This stinker turning 1! What a bright spot she is to our whole family! I can't imagine our lives without our Chan Chan!

 
Of course our family vacation to Destin has to rank in the top 10 highlights for the year! It was AWESOME!

 
One of the most fun moments of the year was getting to surprise my sister for her 30th birthday in Washington D.C.!!! It was one of the best weekends ever!

 
Getting to be with family and seeing Matt and Kellye from California! Christmas is always a special time for us and we enjoy being together so much!

 
2013 it might be over but it will be a year etched in my mind forever! Thanks for all of the blessings and memories!!! Here's to 2014!!!

No comments: