Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas 2013


Well, I am pretty sure I failed miserably at taking pictures over Christmas! You know what we win some we lose some, this year I lost at pics! Not to sound too Debbie Downer because we truly did have a wonderful Christmas based on the circumstances. First thing first.... my parents drove 9 hours to spend the whole weekend with us to do our Christmas. We have literally been counting down the days, everyone was healthy, happy and totally pumped about Neenie coming in. They were one hour away when I got the call from daycare that Ann Mason was running fever. An hour later my parents pull into town just as we were getting the positive flu results! I was crying, Ann Mason was crying and even the poor nurse started crying! This is the second year in a row that I didn't see my mom because of the flu :( We were pretty bummed to say the least but we really tried to make the best out of it. It was kind of a rough week in between really fun moments. Someone wasn't feeling good in our house pretty much every day but we still managed to get together and do some Christmas traditions!
The kids on Christmas Eve morning. They were super excited!

One of our traditions is we always go to Red Lobster. We LOVE it. No one has to cook, everyone loves their meals, we just think it is great! haha I eat Red Lobster once a year and it is always Christmas Eve!

Our annual family picture after Christmas Eve Service! So blesssed to have my husbands amazing family here in town. When my heart aches to see my sister and my mom it helps to know that they I am blessed with a second family here.

 
Oh these kiddos got way too much stuff! Santa changed his rules to 3 presents this year but that didn't stop all of the grandparents from out doing Santa :) haha That's what grandparents are for right? Well, one of the presents was a red rider bb gun! OMG! It is staying at mamaw and papaws but the boys thought it was the coolest thing ever!!
 
Even though there were moments when I had a pity party over sickness hitting our house and not seeing my family I couldn't help but look at my three amazing children and husband and not feel so blessed. We have so much more than we deserve!!

No comments: