Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Deep Breathes....

These past couple of weeks have been long. My mind is racing at 100 mph about the 1001 things I think need to get done right now and I don't have the time or the energy to do them! I keep reminding myself that I am blessed beyond measure and that the "obstacles" we are dealing with our just that and this too shall pass but some times it is hard not to feel sorry for myself or get stressed out and have a few mom breakdowns here and there, so I am trying to focus on one day at a time (which seems to be virtually impossible for someone like me?) I am trying not to worry about things I have no control over today and just doing tasks that can be completed in the present moment. I also heard from a very wise women not to make any decisions or even think very much at night (ha!) so when the sun goes down I don't make any important decisions and just try and pray.

 
As of right now I have these two that currently need their tonsils taken out!!! Yes, both of them at the same time (sob, sob, sob!!) We are set to see the ENT next Wednesday and tentatively set for surgery August 10th. Ann Mason will get a tonsillectomy and tubes and Palmer will get a tonsillectomy as well! I am scared to death but I know if we can push thru it will be SO much better! We have had 15 cases of strep and 9 double ear infections between the two since October!!! Please say a little prayer for their surgery, recovery and my sanity. I realize every day that if this is the "worst" thing medically that we must endure we are in pretty great shape but it will still be hard to see my babies in pain.

On a much lighter and fun note Momma gets a "Get Out of the House Free Night!!" haha!!! I have been blessed to have met the most amazing girls this past year and I was asked to go with 8 girls on a house boat this weekend! I am leaving tomorrow morning and will come back Saturday night. I have packed tons of snacks and magazines and still don't know if I will remember how to just sit somewhere and not do a darn thing!


This is what I will be waking up to Saturday morning! It is a no-makeup, no dress up, no fuss kind of weekend! Lots of food, fun and catch phrase!!! I am so thankful to have a husband who is such an amazing dad and encourages me to take some time for myself cause at this point...this will be the best medicine for me!

I hope to have lots of pics from the weekend! I will keep everyone updated on the "tonsil" twins and our journey!

No comments: