Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012


As I reflect on 2012 it is with mixed emotions. The highs were high and the lows were definitely at times pretty low. It was a year of blessings, change, finding myself a little more, learning I am growing everyday, heartache, loss, gain, love, fear and everything in between. I found a quote which is deep but so meaningful and kind of fits how I feel.

From The Tale of Two Cities
IT was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us...

Focusing more on the highlights (cause they're a lot more fun, right?) I will share some of my most treasured moments of 2012

Announcing that we were growing by another "two feet" and our trip to Disney! Disney was by far the best family trip that we have had so far! Can't wait to take everyone back in a couple of years!

Annie-licious turning 3 at her Pinkalicious party!!! How is it possible Miss Priss is going to be 4???

Seeing the beach!!! Always a treasured moment watching the kids run in the sand and ocean.

Dad turned 60! It was a great celebration of the last 60 years!

Palmer turned 5 and had a superhero bowling party! This kid loves a good birthday party!

Sports!!! We loved sports this year. It kept us busy, active and allowed us to meet SO many wonderful new people that became great friends!

Palmer went to KINDERGARTEN! It is still hard for me to believe, he is growing up so fast! Wow! What an emotional time, in this picture I was 8 days from having a baby and my first baby was leaving to go to school for the first time! So glad he loves it!

By far the best moment of 2012 was the moment I saw my daughter being born and held her for the first time. It amazes me how that unconditional love is immediate, without question. She has been a joy from the moment she was born she has literally been the life of the family!

Learning to grow as a family with 3 children! Not always easy to navigate thru the jealous moments and being out numbered but oh so worth it. 4 1/2 months in things are seeming to be settling in. Chandler is right where she belongs in this crazy crew :)


Meeting amazing friends!!! The kids and I both have met amazing friends this year. One's that we treasure and formed an instant bond with, so blessed to find that!

Growing Family! 2 babies 3 days apart is a treasured moment for sure!

In Nov it was mom's turn to turn the big 6-0! A great time was had by all!

Loving being a family of five!!!


I must say the first of the year was the roughest but as the year progessed it seemed like things went better. Having Chandler and watching the kids get to love another sibling has been the biggest blessing by far. Tex and I both have jobs that we like, we have a roof over our heads and food in our belly's! God is good and has blessed us in so many ways. I don't really have any major expectations for 2013 yet. I think sometimes when we expect less we appreciate more so that is my motto for the year :) We hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and New Years!

No comments: