Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Almost There!

Christmas Pic Bass Pro Shop 2010

The minutes are SLOWLY passing until I can get off work and drive to be with my family! Tex and the kids have been in Owensboro for two nights and I am about to go crazy wanting to see them!

This year more than ever I just want to hug them and love them and let them know that everything will be alright! We have been thru a lot this week as a family, we have had job losses, health scares and A LOT of uncertainty as to where we go from here! Our hearts are heavy, our minds are filled with worry, our thoughts are constantly in prayer but I know that no matter what happens God will provide and God has a plan. I may not like his plan right now, I may act like a 2 year old sometimes and scream and cry "why me" but in the end I realize that I never had the control in the first place, God always did. He is testing us and I want to pass! I truly believe He never gives you more than you can handle even when we feel like our shoulders are bearing the weight of the world He is there to carry us thru!

So this Christmas, hug your family a little tighter, say I love you a little more, laugh a little harder, smile a little bigger and be thankful a little more often! May your Christmas be filled with love and happiness!

My favorite saying is the serenity prayer but I NEVER knew that it had a second part to it! I love it and I carry it around in my purse!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.
Amen

1 comment:

Connie Shear said...

I am crying right now and I am speechless(: I love you so much and I am so amazingly proud of you that I don't have the words for how I feel right now. You have had so much going on in such a short time and you were still so wonderful this Christmas. We don't know how you did it. We love you and your family with all our heart and know that we will help in anyway we possibly can.