Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

The "going away" weekend!

Oh my blog has suffered! I am mainly posting at this point so that I remember what in the world happened in this last month, my head is literally spinning with everything going on :) New move, new house, new city, new job, new schools for the kids! It is overwhelming, but I know if we can just make it thru the next couple of weeks of adjusting, moving and getting into our new routine it will be GREAT!

So last weekend was kind of my "going away" weekend with all of my friends and family wrapped into one. The first night I went out with some friends to eat and then to see Friends with Benefits. I can't tell you the last time I went to the movie theatre, do you know how many people go see movies on a Friday night? I was in shock! It might have been my emotional state but I LOVED this movie! I laughed until I cried and then I did cry :) haha It was so awesome, one of the best chick flicks I have seen in a long time! It was such a good night with great friends!
,

Saturday I had another going away dinner with some of my oldest and dearest friends that go all the way back to the good ol days at WKU! We met for sushi and then had ice cream. We joked at 10:30 pm when we were all stuffed and eating ice cream that our lives had definitely changed! It was such a great night out with friends and a much needed girls night!
Erin and Kourtlee!

Katie, Me and Jamie

Sunday it didn't stop! We headed to Georgetown for a big family celebration for my brothers birthday/going away and just spending time together! It was so much fun! We had 6 kids under 8 and it was hilarious, chaotic and perfect!

My dad and I!

This picture cracks me up, I was trying to take a picture of Dawn, Dad and myself and all of a sudden all of the kiddos (minus annie) jumped in. That is why we are laughing so hard! It ended up being an awesome pic, I just wish annie was in it!

Monday Kimmie, baby Sofia, Lindsey and baby Emma Claire came and brought me dinner since they couldn't make it Saturday! It was totally awesome and I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life that made time to see me before we head on, I know I will see them a lot still but it is definitely bittersweet!

To say we have been busy would be an understatement. We have traveled to owensboro and back, visited the kids school, packed up the house, took Palmer to his 4 year check up, made sure to spend as much time with Ashley, Joe and Bellies as possible and still be sane! :)

Palmer did great at his appt he was such a brave strong boy! He is in the 65% for height and 70% for weight! They said he was perfect and doing great! Unfortunately he had to get 5 shots and a finger prick, he looked like a crazy person with all of the band aids. Apparently the shots they use have live viruses and we always seem to fit into that "small percent" that get a high fever and flu like symptoms so last night was LONG but we survived and he isn't fully back to himself but close!

Tomorrow night we are going to my boss' house for a going away cookout and then we are leaving Sunday morning to start staying in Owensboro. We start school/work on Monday! The closing is still set for the 15th, fingers crossed so it isn't much longer now! We are all SO ready to be together and in our new home and for life to go back to somewhat normal again, whatever that means :)

This wore me out just typing it! haha Pics to come of all of the transition!

No comments: