Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

To my precious daughter.....




To my precious daughter, you are a month old today. A month old, is that even possible? As I sit here staring at you and watching you sleep so soundly I thank God that He brought you to me. You are everything I have dreamed of and more. The joy that you have brought to this family is overwhelming, you have truly completed us.

You are such a happy baby and right now all you do is sleep, eat and look cute! I enjoy everything about you from the way that your long legs and arms stretch out when you take a bath, to the way that you grunt at night when you are sleeping. When your awake you love to just look around and always seem to turn her head to your crazy brother. You have the biggest round eyes... I am not sure where you got them from! Right now they are blue but I am wondering if they will turn brown soon?

Your brother adores you and kisses you all of the time even when I am not looking! Today he tried to give you your paci when you were crying and daddy told me he tried to burp you tonight :)

I was so worried about having a daughter because it scares me. I want to be such a good mother, one that you look up to and admire. I want to teach you how important morals and values are. Most importantly I want to provide you with strong self esteem to know that you are beautiful, worthy and so important. I want you to always feel good about yourself and the person you are because that will get you so far in life. I want you to know that what is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular! (Ok that was a total "mom" comment!) I want you to be comfortable in your own skin and not to spend years trying to cover up or conform to what you think others want you to be! I want you to be happy and feel loved unconditionally. I want you to experience all that this world has to offer and so much more....

I am so blessed to be your mother and to call you my daughter. I have always dreamed of a daughter that would someday be my best friend. I have high hopes for you my dear :) I know there will be times that you dislike me and many times when you think I am trying to ruin your fun :) but remember I will never do anything that doesn't have your best interest at heart. Everything I do and every decision I make is with you and Palmer in mind. You both make me a better person each day and for that I am eternally grateful!

I love you so much and I have loved and cherished these last 4 weeks together!

I love you. Mommy

3 comments:

JElmer said...

AAwhhh! Such a sweet letter to Ann Mason! You are a great mommy!

Sylvia said...

The pictures and the letter are lovely :)

Connie Shear said...

Hey, honey, I just wanted to say "right back at you" with your letter to sweet Ann Mason. You express how I have felt for you and Ashley for almost 29 years. Being a Mother is the greatest and biggest job you will ever had. If Ann Mason turns out to be 1/2 the woman and mother you are, we will be forever grateful. I love you, Hair Bear. MOM