Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Walking Zombie

See this precious boy above? Don't let his sweet and innocent face fool you for one moment! Do you remember when I was all excited about his "big-boy" bed and the cute comforter and how fun it was going to be! WRONG the big-boy bed = never-ending nightmare!!!!!!
I am at my wits end~ let me preface this by saying that YES I know things could be a lot worse and I do feel BLESSED even though I am sleep deprived but I also want to sit on my pity pot for a minute! My child refuses to stay in his big-boy bed despite every thing we have tried! I have gone against all parenting rules and put movies in his room, toys in his bed, sippy cups filled to the brim with milk and sadly MANY spankings! Yet... NOTHING keeps this child from cracking open that door and army crawling to the couch! Yes, last night he army crawled and we were sitting right there watching him!
I have gotten a lot of advice some warranted some not :) Everything from tying his foot to the bed to putting bungee cords around his door to straight up locking him in his room! What is a mother to do? How do you walk the fine line of helping your child adjust to change and just flat out enabling habit forming behavior? Anyone with ANY ideas please let me know! I don't think I can have another night of lost sleep :)




1 comment:

Connie Shear said...

He is SO precious!!! Let him do whatever he wants to do!! HEE HEE I love you, you are the bestest Mom ever. Mom