Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

“There is nothing more peaceful than a sleeping child”.

What I wouldn't give to have one day in the life of my little man! To go back to a life of ease where someone feeds you, loves you, and takes care of your every needs. The biggest thing you do all day is play and take a nap, what a life!!!


This picture was taken at the end of a very busy weekend!!! Palmer had literally played until he just couldn't play anymore! I love to look at that face when he sleeps and just stare at him.... sometimes my thoughts wonder and I worry if I will ever forget exactly what he looks like right now or I try and memorize each line on his face. I often wonder what kind of parent and I will be thru the different stages of his life and I also wonder what kind of child Palmer will be during those different stages.

I wonder if I will give him enough choices to be a good decision maker but enough boundaries to keep him in check. I wonder if he will want to play soccer like his daddy or maybe he will be more into music and play guitar like his Uncle Matt. I hope that he will know that whatever he chooses he will make me proud.

I wonder about how he will do in school... I hope that he doesn't get picked on by kids that can be so cruel and most importantly I would hope with all of my heart that he would not be the one to pick on other kids. I wonder if he will be a scholar and excel in academics, and then I quickly think how we will need to get a tutor to keep up with him because I don't think Tex and I will be much help :)

I wonder about what kind of woman he will marry and if I will like her and if she will like me. I hope they will come to Christmas at our house some of the times so we can share the joy of holidays with them.

And as my mind takes me to far off places to a future I can't control or change I realize that I am missing this moment, right here, right now, in the present and that all of the what if's can wait. So, I vow to live more like Palmer today.... Where my days aren't planned and the hardest thing I have to do is love and be loved! :)

2 comments:

JElmer said...

This picture is so cute! I bet he is dreaming about how fun his aunt Jamie is, and all of the fun he had with me and my doggies on Saturday night! hee, hee!

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

Oh wow, that is a gorgeous picture. So, so, so sweet. Love your post too.