Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

Something to Ponder....

I LOVE quotes and I was lucky enough to have someone email this quote to me. Most emails anymore I just scan thru and delete without much thought. This however must have struck me on one of those days. You know the days that you want to see more meaning in everything you look at? You try to stare at the papers on the desk as if they were going to somehow send waves of inspiration and motivation thru your veins. Or as you are watching the the pampers commercial you tear up for no reason. I am constantly looking for signs but I think sometimes when we are looking to hard we miss the very signs that are in front our face.

Do you ever feel like you were put on this earth to do something special or meaningful? I have always had that feeling since I was little girl that I was put on this earth to change something or someone, or have an impact on something or someone.... I just know that I haven't figured it out yet but that one day it will come to me. Don't get me wrong I don't think I am going to save the world or stop global warming, nor do I want to. I just know I have a tiny duty in this world to be fulfilled and I haven't done it yet. I have always wanted to have one of those wake from the dead ephiany's that everyone talks about. Or I love how people have the AH-HA moments when watching Oprah, I haven't ever had one of those. I don't think mine will come with such force somehow I think it will creep up behind me and tap me on the shoulder when I am least expecting it. I hope that I figure it out though cause I know I have a purpose out there for sure!

Now let me jump off my soap box.... I got WAY off track. Anyways! This quote I thought was just profound. I think sometimes my priorities get way off track. I think that sometimes trying to win this rat race and keep up with the Jones' makes us lose focus on the priorities we should be focusing on. I watched The Bucket List this weekend and it is such a cute movie! It definitely gives perspective to how you should live life, really living it with no regret!

Ok, so now for the quote....

"There is such power in being clear about what's important to you. Knowing what's important not only defines your priorities, it also gives you a basis from which you can determine what to say yes to and when to say no. Once you have your priorities in place, then the only question to ask yourself is "does this or doesn’t this activity support my priority?""

What a simple concept! Everything in your life can be boiled down to one simple question, "does this or doesn't this activity support my priority!" And then you have an excuse to say NO to all of the stuff that clutters our lives! Simply, because it doesn't support my priorities! I love it!

What is important to you? I know my priorties for this moment in time....
1. God 2. Family 3. Friends 4. Working on a better me so I can give more to my first 3 priorities!!

So, as of today those are mine. Very simple ones not complicated but worth making them my priorities! May everyone find a way to keep their priorities straight cause goodness knows how hard it is to do!

No comments: