Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Recap!


How is it already Monday? It seems that not only are our weekends going fast but the whole week in general! I can't believe we are at the end of September, how is that possible? :) I hope everyone had great weekends! We have been having really great weekends just doing stuff around the house and being lazy! It seems that I have ZERO energy to do all of the things I am wanting to do. Aren't you supposed to get that back during your 2nd trimester? But we manage to do things in between naps :) and I figure what doesn't get done isn't going to hurt anyone!

We had a great weekend and got to visit with some friends that we haven't seen in what seems like forever! We had dinner with the Floyd family on Friday night at Martini's (YUM, YUM!) Isabella is always so cute and well behaved and I have to give Palmer some props he did GREAT (or so we thought, the Floyd's might have a different opinion :) but he allowed us to have a great dinner and great conversation so we thought it was a success!

Saturday we were off to the Gaslight Festival to eat some BBQ and tour all of the booths! It seems that in the old days we would go late in the afternoon for the live music, beer gardens, and food but now days we go before "nap" time and we must have gotten there before most of the people, as the gaslight festival just isn't the same at 11:00 in the morning compared to 7 at night :)

Saturday night we went over to the Adkin's with the WHOLE crew Molly and Palmer included! They have a golden named Ruby so it was a great time! Palmer had a blast running around!

We had a pretty big milestone this weekend!!! Palmer has been somewhat Terrified to sleep in his bed after his stint at the hospital so in attempt to "change things up" a bit we decided to convert his crib to the next "big boy stage"! It broke my heart to see him climb on his bed and look so much like a toddler :( He did GREAT! He slept in the first morning until 9:30!!! The big advantage to this set up is mommy can lay in the bed too! I know, I know bad habit but WAY better than him sleeping with us until his teen years!

Here are a few pics from the weekend! I know it seems like I am terrible about taking pics of Palmer but he literally doesn't stop long enough to take pictures so I tried my hardest this weekend and got a few good shots!

Palmer in a new outfit and Ethan's shoes!
Palmer modeling his new Tennis Shoes from Ethan!


Mommy and her little Angel!
This is by far one of my favorite pictures! Palmer
was such a big help working on his newly converted
big boy bed! He saw Tex tightening the screws and he
wanted to do the same thing!
This is a picture of the AWESOME hand-me-downs
that we got from Aunt Tricia! WE are so thankful
and have had so much fun playing dress up!
Palmer fast asleep in his new big boy bed!

1 comment:

sara said...

Are you kidding, he was perfect! I'm pretty sure we were the ones that left with a fussy baby girl!
Glad you made it to the Gaslight...even if it was a little different at 11am. Things change, indeed!
Love the new big boy bed. We are celebrating an 8p to 8a night in the crib ourselves!

Wooo-hoooooo!