Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

FLEAS!!!

So seriously I feel like "that person" that ALWAYS has some kind of drama going on :) I swear I don't make it up, I don't ask for it, I don't instigate it, it just finds us :) haha Last night my sweet mom (who drove 10 hours by herself) to be with me cause I couldn't handle being a "single" mom for 4 nights while Tex was gone... got into town safe and sound! Her and I took Palmer to his back to school night at his new/old daycare and headed to Qdoba to watch Palmer suck 3 cheese queso off of every chip :) It was such a nice night until we got home and were ready for bed and we found out Molly has FLEAS!! So at 10 pm I had to wake my mom up and we stripped all of the sheets and started cleaning, gave Molly a bath and treated her with some flea killer. I was exhausted so I finally went to bed and said to hell with the fleas! :)

This morning Tex left for Cali and of course I went into my overly dramatic speech about how if something happens does he know how much I love him? Sorry I don't tell him enough but he is a great dad and husband, etc... I am so anxious when a loved one is traveling! After we got him off, I re-checked Molly in hopes to see a clean, flea-less doggie but to my horror found many more fleas!

So after $100 at the vet, more baths and mom and Palmer taking a trip to Lowe's we are now set to BOMB our house at 7 in the morning tomorrow! This is no small undertaking may I tell you. We have to "evacuate" the home for 3 hours and take anything that is out in the open that we don't want to clean, etc... I have now scheduled Molly to go to a doggie daycare and Palmer is now going off to his own human daycare for lunch and a nap tomorrow so that "The Bomb Squad" aka me and my mom can go in there and de-fog or de-bomb and vacuum, clean, scrub, etc....

All my poor mom wanted was a nice stay to bond with her grandson and now she is having to deal with this mess! Tex just called and while I am SO thankful he is safe and sound in California I am a tad bit jealous that he is there and I am here dealing with this! My mom asked me how we managed the ever rambunctious Palmer, Molly, working, and all of our ill-fated luck and I just laughed! It is our luck and we are The Templeton's! We are just having so much darn fun we are even bringing another life into this world to join in the chaos, I am hoping that I don't lose my mind! :)

On a better note my 2 best friends from high school are coming up Saturday to hang out! I am so excited to see them and spend time catching up! What's even better is I have a free babysitter all weekend!!

More to come on the flea saga... Wish us luck!

No comments: