Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Four Years Ago Today....



Four years ago today I married my best friend! It is hard to believe it has been four years already. The day I married Tex I knew that I was so in love with him but after these four years I can honestly say that our love is so much deeper than I could have imagined. The day we got married we had no idea what our lives or future had in store for us, and it has proven to be a journey everyday since.
I got teary eyed this morning as I picked up Palmer and propped him up on my ever growing belly and thought about how amazing the last 4 years have been. We have gone thru SO much personally and with our families and throughout even the most desperate of times Tex has been my rock. He has never wavered on his love for me, not even once. He has picked me up countless amounts of times when I didn't have it in me to keep going. He has stood by me thru my anxieties and thru my addictions and never once doubted our commitment to each other. He continues to think I am beautiful everyday even when I am sick or 9 months pregnant and can barely move.
Most importantly he helped me create the biggest blessings in our lives and that is Palmer and soon to be baby T #2. I always knew that Tex would be a good dad but he has far exceeded any expectations that I had. I fall more in love with him each time Palmer's eyes light up when daddy's truck pulls in the driveway and they both are so excited to be "re-united" for the day. I fall more in love with him each time that I gently listen as he rocks Palmer to sleep singing Bob Marley's Three Little Birds.
He is the glue that holds are family together and I am the crazy one always trying to test the strength of that glue! He has proven to be more of a man, husband and father than most people could ever be. He loves unconditionally and anyone that is around him knows that. Of course we have our moments like any other married couple but when I look to my future, I see a gray haired couple rocking in rocking chairs and it is always Tex that I see by my side.
I know my life wouldn't be as complete without him. He is so much more than my husband he is my best friend in the world. I loved you the day I married you and I love you so much more today! Thanks for the greatest 4 years and to many more!


1 comment:

Connie Shear said...

That is so beautiful! Only you could explain your feelings that way. I love you