Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another Week....

Well another week has gone by! When I left the blog last time I was celebrating my 4 year anniversary and I was thinking that I was going to eat the Shrimp Extravaganza at Red Lobster with Tex on a date night~ haha

Well as fate would have it about 30 minutes before I was to leave work La Petite (Palmer's daycare) called me in a panic explaining that Palmer's bottom was swollen and he was in a lot of pain, etc.... I got there and immediately took him to his Dr where she informed us that it was an infection and to go to Kosair's Children's Hospital for "surgery"! When I heard surgery I truly wasn't too worried. I thought that we would go down there and he would have some local anesthesia and they would cut and drain it and we would recover for a few hours and be on our way home. As luck would have it this surgery ended up being a 2 night stay in the hotel de Kosair! It was NOT a fun experience and poor Palmer was stuck, poked and prodded beyond belief but the whole time he was there he was such a trooper!

As much as I wanted to have a pity party for myself I kept on thinking about the floor directly below us... The children's cancer unit. I kept on thinking of all of the sleepless nights that those mothers and fathers have spent in those rooms praying that their children beat the odds. As I watched Palmer go thru what was minor surgery my heart went out to all of the families that have to deal with sickness and death especially involving their children. The stress and the heartbreak would be unimaginable!

We ended up getting home about 6:30 am and we all slept until lunch-time and were ready for relaxing day! That is until the Category 1 winds started hitting Louisville and our power was knocked out about 1! We thought that it was no big deal until we slowly started hearing the rumour mills about power being out for 2 days, etc... so we rushed to the nearest Walmart and fought every other crazy person on the East side for Flashlights, Coolers and Candles and went home to prepare for the worst. Luckily (Someone was watching over us) the power turned on at 10 pm!!! We are SO grateful! Most of my friends in the area are STILL without power4 days later.

Again as crazy as work as been with claims and people calling and as inconvenient as the electric being out has been there are SO many people facing pure devastation in Texas. People that have literally have everything stripped from them.

So, I guess the moral of the story is.... Even if you think you have it bad someone is having a WAY worse day :) My mom always tells me that God will only give you as much as you can handle and I hope she is right! I know a lot of people are probably questioning that right now down in Texas. Please say a prayer for all the people that are dealing with hurricane Ike and also all the people that are just facing their own problems throughout the world! Prayer is a powerful thing!!!

Palmer is doing great and his "tootie" is healing perfectly! Tex and I are doing good and ready for a weekend to relax and catch up on some lost sleep!

**** RANDOM SIDE NOTE *****

At Kosairs they had AWESOME playrooms for the patients. I have never thought about donating to a children's hospital but what a great idea! They had movies you could check out, toys, bouncy seats, etc... so if you are ever wanting some place to donate any old baby stuff a children's hospital like Kosairs would be great!!!

No comments: