Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

2008-2009 School Year Picture

This is Palmer's picture at "school" for this year! Oh my gosh, he is a little boy! It breaks my heart. Where is my baby? Is it possible that he has grown up this much without me knowing it? I just can't stand it, this past 16 months have gone by so quick!

But I tell ya everyday is becoming more and more entertaining! At 16 months he is truly amazing. He is the master of imitation and that is scary! You don't realize how much those little eyes are watching each and every move so Tex and I have to be very careful :) He no longer walks but pretty much sprints every where he is going! He is a ball full of energy that literally does not stop moving unless to take a nap or sleep at night and even in his sleep he rolls, kicks, and punches!

He is working on talking and says bark, bye, car, vroom, moma, dada, and mysteriously he also says "oh sh*t"! Yikes, I know! I don't know where he got that, the darn TV these days :) We are working on letting him know that is not a good word! Of course that is after we go in the other room and laugh until we cry! He also has quite the fascination with socks and shoes! LOVES them! It is the weirdest thing but I bought striped trouser socks from the $ store and every time he sees them he insists that I put them on him. So for him they look more like leg warmers but he loves sporting them around the house!

Everyday he becomes more Mr. Independent. I don't know what I am going to do! I know I need to assist him in becoming independent but it seems like he doesn't want mommy's help doing anything so I am trying to find a good balance. He is very strong willed and he will be my little envelope pusher for sure! I am going to have some sleepless nights over this child I am sure!

He is the absolute love and light of my life. Everyday I stare at him and think he is the most beautiful, funny, most intelligent thing that I have ever laid my eyes on. He has such a big heart and LOVES other little kids. I can't imagine what happiness I will feel watching him interact with his new brother/sister! He will be an amazing big brother!

He has made me such a better person. I am more patient now and I think it is fun to roll around and squeal on the floor or turn the music up in the mini and "dance" with him. He is re-teaching me about the simple things in life that make each day worth living! He will never know what he has given to me just by being him!












No comments: