Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gearing up for Independence Day!



The Templeton family is anxiously awaiting the 4th festivites! We actually don't have a lot planned other than kicking the weekend off with a street party at Norton Commons,going to the pool most of the weekend and going to my boss' annual 4th of July party to see the fireworks! I am SO excited to see Palmers reaction to the fireworks show, I think he will LOVE them!

I am also trying to coordinate a good red,white and blue theme for our outfits without looking like we tried too hard :) Ann Mason of course already has a dress that neenie bought that is navy with a flag on it. I am thinking Palmer can do a red polo and navy shorts and Tex and I can do some variation. If I had the money I would probably be that mom that bought the whole family matching outfits from Lilly Pulitzer or Kellys Kids, even down to matching bathing suits. I know it is obnoxious but I love it for some reason!!!

I love the 4th of July for the festivities, food and just social gathering! I also love it that we can use that day to appreciate what a great country we get to live in! Despite all of the economic woes and political opinions we are still so blessed to live in the United States and I am so thankful to the men and women who have and are still fighting for our freedom! I hope to hear Lee Greenwood at least 5 times this weekend that man still brings me to tears after all of these years!

Everyone have a blessed 4th and I will be sure to post our patriotic pics from the weekend!

No comments: