Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A slight Hiatus...

So it seems I have taken a slight blogging hiatus. This past month life just became too chaotic and I had to cut some things out and unfortanetly blogging was one of them. Believe me I would much rather cut out trying to sell our house, finding a new car, not going back to work, etc.... but unfortanetly life isn't always fair and since I am an adult now and have unwanted responsibilities time for stuff I WANT to do seems to fall by the wayside :)

Alas I am BACK! I don't think I can catch up on everything that has been going on that would take ENTIRELY too long and I don't have time for it! I will do a May Re-cap as best I can for you all and start new on the blogging front!

May 2nd- OFF to the races and a Derby Party and the Prather's. The first year I didn't know one horses name probably won't be the last. I seem to know more about pacifiers and diapers rather than ponies right now!

May 10th - Mothers Day! It was WONDERFUL! Did exactly what I wanted to do which was nothing. We sat in the backyard and hung out and had a great time!

May 15th - Ashley's Bachelorette Party! WOOOOOWWW! I hadn't been out on the "night" scene in quite some time and it was an experience :) We had an AWESOME time. I laughed so hard I cried watching these girls ride bulls, dance on bars and get on stages! Ashley was such a trooper and an awesome bachelorette of course she LOVED the attention! haha




May 23rd - Palmers 2nd Birthday! We had SOOO much fun! Palmer and 13 of his closest munchkin friends came to celebrate him turning 2. Palmer and his parents have the best friends! It was a ghetto water party with sprinklers, baby pools, etc... but everyone loved it :) Then it started to rain so we were even more ghetto and moved it to the garage and let all the kiddos just play with the piles of junk/toys we have everywhere and of course they had more fun in the garage than outside :) All said and done it was a hit! You know you had a good party when 3 hours later every kid is in the living room getting their diaper changed and crying cause they are so tired from having so much fun! :) I am officially a mom of a 2 year old everyone please say a prayer for Tex and I immediately :)

May 30th - Drum Roll Please.... Ashley and Joe say "I DO" The big day finally arrived and it was worth the wait!!! The whole weekend was totally fabulous and wonderful! Everyone knows how we feel about Joe so it was so great to see both of them so happy and in love! I had a blast getting to hang out with my cousins until 4 am on Friday night and then again till 3:30 am on Saturday night! I felt refreshed and as if I had a social life again! :) Since I don't drink anymore my drink of choice is now red-bull...bad idea when you want to go to bed and your heart is beating out of your chest but fun for staying up! Ashley was (as you can imagine) a gorgeous bride! I am so proud of her and had one of the best weekends I have ever had celebrating their marriage! I wish I could post all of the pictures but it is way too many! I will post a link to their video when they get it!







In between all of our major events we have had tons of house showings (with NO offers), Tex is still driving to Lexington everyday and we are still trying to figure out where life is taking us next! I will admit I am ready for life to slow down and I think this month it will! I had so much fun this past month but man it wore me out :) The kids are doing SO good I couldn't be more proud of them both! I will report more on them later. I am glad to be back to the blogging world!

No comments: