Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Deep Thoughts

We went to the ENT today and the kiddos are scheduled for their surgeries this Tuesday. They are both getting their adenoids removed, tonsils removed and tubes in their ears. I have to admit, I am scared, overwhelmed, nervous and relieved that after we make it thru this they will feel SO much better!

I have had some amazing "God Moments" lately and I have found myself surrounded with a new support group that I am both blessed with and uncomfortable with. For so long I have thought I could tackle everything on my own and I am learning each day that it is OK to ask for help, something that doesn't come very easily for me AT ALL!

I am also starting back to work full time in 2 weeks and that scares me and feels me with guilt that comes with being a mom. The past couple of weeks have sometimes felt suffocating, my anxiety has been heightened and I find myself in my head a lot of days trying to "plan" out each step and I have to rely on God and know that if I ask him HE will take care of me and my family.

I do realize that tonsils and going back to work full time are a walk in the park compared to stories I hear on a daily basis and for that I am so very grateful, but it is still hard and that is ok. I don't have to be a rock all of the time and when I crumble (like I did today) it is OK!!

Please say a prayer for the kiddos and Tex and I that they do ok with the surgeries and that we have the strength to be the best caretakers that we can :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sending Prayers to you and your family today! I hope all goes well with the kiddo's!