Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I LOVE thankful Thursdays! Lately I have read or heard about so many heartbreaking stories, stories of loss, stories about scary health problems, stories of tragedy... it is REALLY easy for my anxiety-proned mind to start racing with worry and and fear, it is REALLY easy for me to try and "make my own" plans of how this can't possibly happen to me or my family.

And then I realize that I have NO power, NO plans, NO control over how life will go from today and if I can just turn my life, fears, anxiety, etc... over to God He is going to handle EVERYTHING! God can do for me what I can not do for myself and I truly believe that to my core. So today despite wanting to worry and wanting to hold my family close so they can never get hurt all I can do is be thankful!

There was a time in my life when I couldn't truly understand what all I had to be grateful for and today I am so blessed that I can see these blessings working in and around me daily! I am SO thankful just for today, that today I woke up and had my health and my family is happy. I am SO thankful that when I dropped the kids off at school today I peeked in and saw Ann Mason smiling from ear to ear and playing with her friends and Palmer doing the same. I am SO thankful for a husband that picks up where I leave off, that starts when I stop and has shown me unconditional love! I am SO thankful for my family and friends who would do anything for us and the bonds that have been formed that can't be broken! My heart is so full today and I am so glad that I can recognize that and appreciate it! We all have a lot to be thankful for even on the days when we are tired and don't feel like we can give any more.

Here is just a glimpse of the things I am thankful for! The reason I wake up and smile and keep going everyday!
 FAMILY
                                                             SCOTT, ME, MOM
 TEX AND I
 MY TWO FAVS IN THE WORLD
 NEW BABIES, ISABELLE MY NIECE!
                                                     OUR OWENSBORO FAMILY
 SIBLINGS
 NIECES! (Sorry Mia, I couldn't find a picture today but I love you!)
 NEPHEWS
FRIENDS THAT ARE MORE LIKE SISTERS
GIRLFRIENDS THAT HAVE STOOD THE TEST OF TIME!

No comments: