Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On a Lighter Note...

I am slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things! I can't very well go on to big and better things like 2012 without tying up the loose ends from 2011!  We did have a wonderful Christmas! This is the first year that I can remember that we didn't travel anywhere! It was so nice but I missed seeing part of my family that lives out of town but we are getting ready to spend a week with them in Disney!!!

The kiddos were HILARIOUS! They loved Buddy the Elf this year and all of his new, fun and exciting hiding spots. Palmer was on a Christmas high for the whole month of December he could hardly contain his excitement! Annie is always happy go lucky so she just kind of bounced around and joined in on all of the chaos :) Here are a few things that we did over our Christmas Break:

PJ Day at School, we had lots of theme days in December!

Opened more presents than necessary and loved every minute of it! Palmer is my serious present opener, he doesn't get really excited or emotional over gift opening which was disappointing at first but then I realized he just has to evaluate everything and take it all in and then the excitement comes out hours later when he is playing with his toys for hours on end!

This is my excited and dramatic present opener, I LOVE it! She screams and jumps and is hilarious! She had a blast getting SO many new toys!

I am pretty sure that Annie is going to run a daycare or a food kitchen in her future. She got enough kitchen supplies, baby dolls, baby doll accessories to start her own little daycare facility :) She loves it!

Neenie and Pop came in and we went to Palmer's fav restaurant Cracker Barrel :) We had SO much fun with them in, we didn't want them to leave!

And since eating is what we do best, we hit up Red Lobster for our Christmas Eve tradition!

The kids eyeing the lobsters! This year they were SO brave and actually touched the lobsters when the lady got them out of the tank (big deal :)

We celebrated my sweet nieces birthday who was born on Christmas Eve 9 years ago! I can't believe it has been that long since she was born! I still remember it like it was yesterday and we ate Chinese food to celebrate that year! haha!

We had two special visitors from California! Uncle "Mac" and Aunt Kellye! They got to stay for two weeks and we have definitely gotten in some good quality family time! Palmer loves Uncle "Mac" but Annie just eyes him up and down, she isn't too sure of him yet!

The cousins spent A LOT of time together! These four are seriously best friends. I love every minute of it! To see them together makes me so happy! Cousins are definitely your first best friends!

And we managed somehow to take the #1 family pic ever! Everyone is looking at the camera and looks happy!!! We were SO thrilled. Only once a year are we all together and we took this after church on Christmas Eve, total fluke that we all managed to look in the same direction. If you look closely Annie is holding baby Jesus from the "major" she thought this was SO special!

I have absolutely zero, zilch, nada pics of New Years! We went to Louisville to see our friends and all of the kiddos. We had a great time and we miss everyone SO much!
I have to admit, there are many years that I have said good riddance to but not 2011. 2011 was SO difficult, we had so much uncertainty when Tex lost his job last December. We have had SO many changes this year, sometimes I look back and wonder how we managed it all but in the end we stayed together as a family, we loved each other unconditionally and we put God and each other first. It was not easy, I definitely had to focus on what was important and I had to work on being the best mom and wife that I could be! In the end everything worked out exactly the way it should. It is funny how it always does! I am excited about what our future holds, the plans God has for us and all of the new adventures of 2012!

I hope everyone had a blessed New Year! Now on to 2012, I think it's going to be an exciting year!

No comments: