Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sad...



I seriously can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I posted! The Templeton's have had A LOT going on! I feel like we are so out of our routine it is not even funny. Bedtimes have been extended, waking up every morning seems to be later and later, eating has become our #1 favorite hobby, spending time with family has been a daily activity and we have seriously been having a good time! I must say as much fun as it has been I am so ready to get back to somewhat of a routine! I have a lot to catch up on and pictures to post but I am just trying to get as much done as I can each day.

Yesterday we said goodbye to probably the greatest man I have ever known, my papaw. He went quickly and peacefully yesterday afternoon. My mom and aunt were still in mid flight and my other aunt had gone home to pick them up at the airport, I think he decided that he didnt' want his girls to have to see him like this anymore. As sad as we all are to not have him with us I am at peace knowing that the heavens were rejoicing and that he was reunited with my Nana whom he loved so much! We will miss him so very much but his legacy will last forever in us all.

He was my last surviving grandparent but I am SO thankful he had the chance to meet Palmer and Annie, they both loved "old papaw" We will be heading in for the visitation and funeral this week.

I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid."
John 14:27

No comments: