Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Traditions...

Since Palmer is just getting old enough to start enjoying traditions and Ann Mason doesn't seem to care what we do as long as it includes food.... I have been brainstorming some ideas for Thanksgiving Traditions. I hope to add A LOT more over the years. Baby Steps is what I keep telling myself!


This is my last day of work this week and the kiddos and I are going to have some fun!!! First we are going to attempt these...


They are by far the simplest "turkey deserts" I have found thus far! And Simple is GOOD! I just worry I won't be able to find candy corns this time of year? I will post pictures of the finished product! Palmer is going to be in charge of decorating so something tells me they might not look just like these :)

For the first year ever we are starting the Elf on the Shelf tradition on Thanksgiving night! I can't wait to see Palmer's face when he is introduced to the Elf and names him ANY name he wants! Every night we read the book and every morning the elf comes back to our house and shows up in a different spot! Every one that has this tradition loves it and I can't wait to start it!
Tex and Palmer started this tradition last night... We usually get out the Polar Express around this time every year and Palmer is SO excited because he hasn't seen it since last Christmas which means we will most likely be watching this movie every night! It has become a forced tradition! haha

There are so many more Thanksgiving traditions that I want to do about being Thankful but I think that might be over the kid's heads right now! We are working on our prayers and they seem to enjoy those so that is a start!
May you all have a WONDERFUL and JOYOUS Thanksgiving Week!!! Safe traveling to those of you on the road!!!



No comments: