Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Great Movie, Great Book!

I am just full of reviews today!!! I was privileged enough to see a GREAT movie and finish a GREAT book this weekend! Both of these were so inspiring that they must not go without mention!
The first review is the book: The Girls from Ames
I was honored to receive this book from an awesome friend Jenny. Inside she wrote "for no reason at all" and it couldn't have come to me at a better time!
Without giving too much away about this book I first must tell you that it hits SO close to home for me. This is a true story about 11 women from Ames, Iowa who have been friends for 40 years. It is a true story about the amazing bonds of women's friendships and how these bonds will see you thru the most heartbreaking sadness's and the most joyous of life's moments.
It hits close to home because I was blessed to have found 11 girls that I formed an amazing bond of friendship with in college. In a lot of ways our group of "girls" reminds me of The Girls from Ames and it made me realize how grateful I am for each and every one of those friendships!
This is a superb book to read or give as a gift to a friend, mother, grandmother or any other woman that has played a role in your life! Such an inspiring tale of the strength of women's frienship!
I have decided to pass this book to another girl in our circle with a message for them. My hope is that we can pass it around our circle of friends and recall all of the memories that we have shared and look forward to the future and making more memories!

Well, Tex and I actually got to go on our date night. None of the kids got sick at the last minute, no babysitters backed out (thanks to mamaw being here), etc... We started the night by seeing The Blind Side. I can't rave enough about this movie. I told you before that I am a sucker for these types of movies but anyone that doesn't love this film, I might have to question :) I seriously wanted to give Sandra Bullock a standing ovation about 5 times during the movie because she kicked butt! This is also a true story which is why it is even more inspiring! This would be a great movie for the whole family especially over Thanksgiving weekend! You will walk out of this movie feeling inspired and grateful!








No comments: