Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Show Us Your Life

Over at Kelly's Korner www.kellyskornerblog.com she is doing a Show Us Your Life - New Years Resolutions. I seriously hesitate to call them resolutions so this year I am choosing to call them Life Goals! This year in particular has got me thinking about how I want to live my life especially since I will be the big 3-0 this year! I can't blame all of my short-comings and failures on the fact that I am young and 20 something anymore :) I am going to be 30! How did that happen?

For once, I decided to keep my "Life Goals" simple this year...Here they are in all of their simple Glory.

1. Live by the motto "One Day at a Time" This motto has so much signifigance for me in more ways than one. I am notorius for planning and mapping out my life and outcomes and this is one area that I am really working towards "letting go" of. It is so simple yet so hard to grasp. If all I have to do is worry about today it makes my life a lot more managable!

2. Grow in my relationship with God. This has always been important to me but I think for me in my late teens and 20's I distanced myself from God. I am starting to walk back and I am excited! He will do for me what I can not do for myself and I believe that with my whole heart! I am looking forward to growing spiritually this year.

3. Be a more patient wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend. I am a Virgo therefore a naturally critical person of others. Yikes, it is SO hard to admit your faults :) I vow to watch my tongue, be more empathetic and realize that the whole world does not have to do things exactly the way that I think they should be done!

4. As always I have to throw some kind of health goal in. I am not putting a number in here nor am I trying to become a body type I can not achieve. I am amazed to realize that over the last 2 years I have dropped 30 + pounds which is incredible! (that is NOT baby weight either!) Even though I weigh less than I have since I got married, I am out of shape! So by my 30 birthday I want to be at a healthy weight and in good shape in regards to my own body! I have started excersicing and I hope that continues. I still would LOVE to run one of these days!

I think that is all! Wow much improvement from the 38 I listed last year :) haha I think I am learning simple really is the best way to live! May everyone work toward achieving their life goals and have the most wonderful 2010 ever!






No comments: