Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

July 4th Part 1 and Lots of Firsts!

It has taken me SO long to blog because I seriously didn't know where to begin! We did so much and had so much fun over the 4th weekend I didn't even know where to start! I will start by saying that this was one of my favorite weekends of the summer thus far! I don't know if it was the fact that Tex was in for longer, it was a 3 day weekend, it was the 4th of July (which PS is my new fav holiday for some reason) or the fact that we seriously got to hang out with so many of our dear friends. Whatever the reason we had a blast!! We had a lot of firsts over the weekend too! Lots of pics to follow :)
Friday night started off with making strawberry cupcakes! I don't bake for 2 reasons 1. Because I am a horrible Baker and 2. Because I will eat it all! But I decided it would be fun for the kids to help and they have never licked cake batter off of mixers before!! What kid hasn't done that :)

Um needless to say they loved it as much as I do and I had to pry the mixers away from them!!

Saturday morning we decided since it was so pretty to go to the pool and our friends the Cook's joined us! Here is Annie being her dad's shadow, she misses him so much when he is gone!

Oh Alex and Annie, how I wish I could just go ahead and arrange this marriage and make it a done deal! They are so cute and both so fun if nothing else I hope they are good friends all of their lives!
Reid and Palmer they have been best buds their whole little lives, we are going to miss them so much when we are gone!  
Another FIRST was this.... we ended up staying at the pool for WAY longer than expected because the kids were so good. When we got home Annie got up on the couch and fell dead asleep in 2 1/2 years this has NEVER happened and probably never will again :)

The night we got to go cookout with the Cupolo's! It was great to visit with them and see precious Sofia or "fia" has the kids call her! Here is another first SPARKLERS!!! The kids loved them, they were totally Palmer's speed! Not loud and fun!

Annie looking very unamused you can only imagine that she likes the loudest and biggest fireworks you can find!

Sitting down and actually eating probably another first! haha

Spelling words with their sparklers!

Well, after the Cupolo's we got real crazy! :) We decided to go to see the fireworks! It was so much fun and everyone had tailgating chairs and their was a lot of people but not enough to feel claustrophobic! Palmer did so good and was so pumped and then they started and decided it was best if him and dad watched them from the car! I was still proud of him though, little victories!

Before the fireworks show! Notice Annie's pink beach chair, I guess it will do!

Dad and the kiddos being silly!

Once the fireworks started Ann Mason was overjoyed she LOVED them!!! It was SO fun and we didn't get home until almost 11:30!! They were both at such fun ages this year!

No comments: