Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am here and the fog is lifting!

I have unintentionally taken quite the blogging break! I am here and I FINALLY feel like the fog is lifting somewhat. I will be 15 weeks Thursday! This has been by far one of the hardest pregnancies. I think I have still been fighting a lot of emotion and uncertainty from the move and trying to find my way around a new life here. The extra hormones for 13 weeks on top of being pregnant I think did quite a number on me as well! haha I don't need extra hormones that is for sure! With Ann Mason I was concerned because I felt "down" during the first half of my pregnancy and I can say with certainty that this pregnancy that feeling has been magnified. I am so grateful that I can recognize this, evaluate it and decide on some kind of action that I feel comfortable with. Don't get me wrong I don't feel "down" because I am not happy I am pregnant I just happen to think that the hormones that multiply when your pregnant cause different emotions in us all and this happens to be mine.

With all of that being said the night sickness is fading, the crying spells are becoming less and less frequent and each day my outlook seems to be a little brighter and more positive! Hallelujah! It is terrible to know that how you are feeling isn't "you" and I am not normally a sad person but when you are in the middle of it, it is hard to feel like you are going to come out on the other end!

I say all of this so that I can remember this time and I can look back on it and hopefully see how nothing lasts forever! I am already starting to feel less overwhelmed and am truly getting excited about SO many wonderful things happening including this precious baby growing inside me! 

We had a wonderful weekend! I had a girls night with my mother in law and sister in law Saturday. We went to church on Sunday (after a long journey, we have now gone to the same church two weekends in a row and are truly hopeful that we have finally found somewhere that we would love to call our church home!) that afternoon we spent time with friends at their farm and I watched my kids ride four wheelers for the first time and they LOVED it! I have tons of pictures but I have misplaced my camera cord (I will probably find it in the fridge right next to the tv remote control from last week, thanks pregnancy brain!)

Things are looking up each day and I am SO grateful. I know God has a plan and I know we all must face struggles and in the end it always, always turns out ok. I am heading to Louisville this weekend for a girls night. I can't tell you how excited I am to get there and laugh, relax and enjoy some mommy time! I promise I will find my camera cord before then :)

No comments: