Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What' New

This past week has been busy and fun! I needed both :) I think in the next few weeks I will hopefully start feeling like myself again and then I can start looking forward to warm weather, everything seems better when its warm outside! Here's what we have been up to this week...

It was Tex's birthday weekend! I love this pic of my boys it makes me smile :) We went out to eat at a "fancy" (meaning no highchair) restaurant on Saturday night with some friends and had a blast! Sunday we did the family birthday lunch at the in laws and ate WAY too much food and ice cream cake! It was a great way to celebrate, I love any excuse to get together with friends and family!

Let the games begin.... This weekend we got Palmer signed up for Spring Soccer and Summer T-ball! I can't wait, he is at such a fun age and we are gearing up for some game time! I am super excited about t-ball this will be the first year he will play and it will be at his new elementary school so I am hoping he will meet some buddies before he starts kindergarten in the fall!

Ann Mason started her very first Gymnastics class this past Thursday! I think I was more excited than she was! She wasn't so sure about it at first and the gymnastics instructor was super nice and let Palmer come out there and do it with her! She looked so cute out there with her little shorts doing her little moves! She seems to love it she has asked every day when we are going back!

Sunday night we went to a friends house to watch the superbowl. I don't really care anything about the game but I have to admit this year the half time show ROCKED! I thought Madonna did a great job and loved every minute of it!
The Superbowl ending also meant that two shows started... The Voice 2! OMG I can't wait this season is going to be A-MAZING! 

and Smash.... this little episode is waiting for me on my dvr! I am going to watch it tonight. Based on everything I have heard so far this one is going to be great!

I also tried my hand at a new recipe of my mother in laws! Chicken pot pie. Let me just tell you it was DELICIOUS at least it was to me! New recipes don't go over so well in my house :) The kids balk at "foreign" food so while I was enjoying the new recipe Palmer and Annie were both crying and literally gagging at having to take a bite. Not to mention tex was trying to be a good role model to the kids but eating around all of his vegetables, it was just pitiful! I had, had enough of the gagging and whining so I told everyone that they could have mac-n-cheese and hot dogs for the next 10 years because I am retiring at cooking. Just about this time Palmer threw up on the table as if to add more drama to the whole situation! I mean he literally threw up because he didn't want to take another bite! I just walked away and took a bath... Maybe this 3rd child will be obident and appreciative of my hard work in the kitchen! ha!


This week is equally as busy some of the highlights this week are:
1. Tax TIME, bring on the big tax returns :)
2. Annie's gymnastics class
3. Going with my mother in law and sister in law to eat and see a friend in nun-sense

and the BIGGEST HIGHLIGHT is I get to hear my sweet, sweet baby's heartbeat tomorrow at my doctors appt! It always makes me a little nervous, especially since it has been a long 6 weeks since I have gone but I can't wait!

No comments: