Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008


Christmas Survey

*** So I totally stole this off of another blog but I thought it was fun!*****
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? EGG NOG!! Tex thinks egg nog is SO gross but I could drink it by the half gallon! I haven't bought any yet but I plan on having some Christmas Eve!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa sets up the toys so that they are ready to play with as soon as Palmer will walk down the stairs! I just thought of something everything we bought is from "Santa"! I guess we can get away with it this year but next year I better remember that something has to come from Tex and I! Haha

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights? White lights and Formal tree for our living room!!! I plan to let each of the babies have their very own Christmas tree in their rooms that they can decorate with colored lights and homemade ornaments!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No but that could get interesting :)

5. When do you put your decorations up? Normally the Friday after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Corn pudding and broccoli casserole! My mom always makes sure she makes this for her girls :)

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Me, my sister and my brother when he was in town would all sleep in the same room! And Mark would always wake us up and ask us if we heard Santas sleigh and I would get SO excited. Ashley would usually sleep thru the commotion and one year peed on Mark, he was SO mad! But other than that I LOVED sitting on the top of the stairs waiting for mom and dad to make their coffee and set their video camera on a tri-pod until they said "Ok, go" and Ashley, Mark and I would coming running down to find all of the gifts that Santa left!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? It was truly devastating. Anyone that knows me well knows that I had a major fascination with Santa! To find out in 4th grade that he wasn't real was very traumatic I remember crawling up on my mom's lap and just crying my eyes out.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open 1 gift Christmas Eve and the parents usually pick it out.
10. How do you decorate your tree? The past two years it has been red and gold!

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE SNOW Days as long as I can curl up at home!
12. Can you ice skate? Um, no! The last time I went was when mom and Scott were dating which was EONS ago and I think mom, Ashley and I came out with more bruises than anyone!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't know if I have a favorite, they have all been pretty great!
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Definitely spending time with family and since we have our own family now building special traditions with our kids. I can't wait till Palmer and Ann Mason truly grasp the Christmas spirit and we can spend time doing crafts and also doing things for those less fortunate!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? We were never a huge desert family but I do love the white chocolate and peppermint bark! YUM!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have just started a few and we hope to have many more! We have been pulling one chain a night off of the construction paper countdown chain and reading what we are thankful for!
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A big red ribbon!
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? I love giving and seeing people's faces when they open up their gifts. I am sometimes gift giving challenged! I am not one of those people that easily thinks of the perfect gift so when I do I get really excited about it.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night! I have been singing it to Palmer every night repeatedly for this whole month, he loves when his mommy hits that high note!
20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck? Yum, I can always eat a candy cane.
21. What do you want for Christmas? For everyone to be happy and healthy and for Tex and I to truly take the time to enjoy this Christmas with Palmer and make it as special and memorable for him as it can be! Sometimes Christmas gets so hectic with trying to go here and there that the fun and meaning gets lost along the way. We are trying to avoid that this year.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? We always have both work parties and a wreath making party. This year our holiday calendar as been slightly bare! Maybe a Christmas party needs to be a new tradition! :)
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? PJ's!!! We dress up Christmas Eve for church and dinner.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Nope never got one of those.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Well that is a touchy subject this year. It seems harder and harder to reach everyone and now that we have Palmer we want to be able to start some of our own traditions as well. We are going to head to Owensboro the 23rd and morning of the 24th and then come back for Christmas Eve service and dinner at our house with my family and Christmas morning with Palmer!
Hope you enjoyed my Christmas History! Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments: