Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

GREAT NEWS!

So, I went for my LONG Dr's appt yesterday and it was fabulous! I started off by drinking the ever sugary glucose drink. I am a pro at chugging fluids so that didn't pose a real problem, it kinds of tastes like a Sunkist with a lot of sugar :)!

After I drank it I got to lay down for my ultrasound with Kathy. Kathy is great and her and I have gotten to know each other over these last 7 months :) I too have become a pro at reading the ultrasound monitor and knowing what all the measurements mean and I even know every body part that she has to measure and it is like a game cause she quizzes me and I answer :) So she started with the head and it was measuring right on!!! Given the history of Palmer and Miss Ann Mason what happens generally is that I measure a lot smaller than the week I am on, so when the measurements are close everyone is ecstatic!

It got better from there and Ann Mason measured terrific in all areas! She is already 2 pds 9 oz and is currently in the 31% which is HUGE for my babies :) I was such a proud mommy, she is doing so good in there! Kathy is awesome and will take the time to let me see her face and also switch the monitor over to 4D so this appointment was truly unbelievable cause I got to see Ann Mason in all of her glory! She is turned around so her head is up by my ribs and she had one leg over her head and one leg down by my cervix, can we say gymnast? :0 She was opening and closing her eyes and mouth and even gave mommy a smile! I swear, Kathy saw it too! Her heart rate was perfect at 158 which Kathy said was a very girly heart rate! :) What amazed me the most was how much she looked like a thriving baby and to top it off she looked just like her bubby! I saw Palmer in her face immediately! It was one of the most exhilarating experiences that I have had thus far!

So here is Ms. Ann Mason herself at almost 29 weeks.


Here is her precious little face! I just want to kiss her lips!

Here is the little gymnast herself! If you can see
she has her leg up and her foot is by her head
and her elbow is touching her knee!


Here she is again all curled up and looking cozy!

It was a great appointment and Dr Walsh was so attentive as always! We talked about some dates for delivery and she said that right now we would stick with Feb 23rd but there were a lot of indicators that could make me go earlier such as low fluid or blood pressure so she said I should anticipate anywhere from Feb 9th to the 23rd!!! It seems so close! I can't wait to meet my sweet girl! I pray that she continues to thrive inside until she is ready!

No comments: