Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

30 Weeks Pregnant and a Toddler Off the Bottle!


So, I am 30 weeks pregnant today! Wow, that is mind blowing just saying it! 9 weeks still seems far away but yet so close at the same time. We went to have our first bio-physical ultrasound yesterday. At these weekly ultrasounds they measure for amniotic fluid, fine movement (ex. movement of fingers) and strong movement (ex movement of limbs) and fetal breathing movement for 30 seconds. Well, Ann Mason must have been pooped because she insisted sleeping thru the whole thing! I had to turn over on my side and move around and finally she woke up and performed her duties and went back to sleep! :) All was well though and for right now she is a strong and healthy girl thriving in her momma's belly! Yipeee!!!
On a side note: It is with great pleasure that I announce that Palmer has been without the bottle for 24 hours now haha!!! It is TOTALLY my fault as a parent for not doing this sooner since he is 3 days away from being 19 months! He only took a bottle in the morning and at night and I have to admit that it was more of my time with him to sit and cuddle so that is why I wasn't very insistent on him giving up the bottle. The breaking point was the other night when Palmer was sitting in his chair in his diaper and he had his bottle in one hand and gave Tex a high five with the other and then proceeded to scratch his belly and burp! That is when I realized that indeed it was time for him to stop taking a bottle! :) He is a little man now and little men drink out of sippy cups! The only trouble we had was the first morning I gave him his sippy rather than the bottle he just looked at me like I had insulted him and threw it down! Eventually he was thirsty enough that he picked it up and went on his way. Last night he didn't even miss it!
As glad as I should be it is one more indication that he is getting bigger and that is so hard for me! Ashley introduced me to a new song by Darius Rucker (aka old hootie and the blowfish singer) and it is called "It won't be like this for long". You have to hear it cause it is so good... but here are the lyrics! I am trying to hold on to all of these moments a little longer. I don't want my babies to grow up!
Lyrics to the song
He didnt have to wake up He'd been up all nite Lay'n there in bed listen'n To his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee He splashes water on his face His wife gives him a kiss and says It gonna be OK
It wont be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laugh'n At the week we brought her home This phase is gonna fly by So baby just hold on It wont be like this for long
Four years later bout four thirty She's crawling in there bed And when he drops her off at preschool She's clinging to his leg
The teacher peels her off of him He says what can I do She says now dont you worry This will only last a week or two
It wont be like this for long One day soon we'll drop her off And she wont even know your gone This phase is gonna fly by If you can just hold on It wont be like this for long
One day soon she'll be a teenager And at times you'll think she hates him
Then he'll walk her down the isle And he'll raise her vale
But right now she up and cry'n And the truth is that he dont mind As he kisses her good night And she says her prayers He lays down there beside her Till her eyes are finally closed And just watch'n her it breaks his heart Cause he already knows
It wont be like this for long One day soon that little girl is gonna be All grown up and gone Yeah this phase is gonna fly by He's try'n to hold on It wont be like this for long It wont be like this for long

No comments: