Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmastime






Here are some more pictures from our Christmas photo shoot! Palmer did really well but didn't like sitting down :) He has definitely made thinking of Christmas more fun this year for sure! I kind of feel like scrooge this year and I can't figure out why I am in such a funk. Is it that I am almost 8 months pregnant and my hormones are that of a 13 year old girl going thru puberty :)
I guess I feel so pulled on Christmas. I am starting to really like Thanksgiving more! It seems like on Christmas that we go from point A to point B to point C without taking so much as a break to think about the true meaning of the holiday. It seems like no matter how hard we try we end up making at least one family member upset because we aren't spending enough time with each of them even though we spread ourselves so thin by going to 4 different family events.
Do others have this problem during the holidays? Is that why wine consumption more than doubles around the holidays :)? So for yet another year Tex and I are going to make are rounds to the different surrounding areas of our great state in hopes that Palmer hangs in there for the long haul and survives his second Christmas.
Is there any solution to this madness? I am hoping that next year we can scheme together some sort of a permanent schedule in which each family does not feel slighted by the time that we allot to be with them. :)
I should be looking at this situation as the glass half full and be SO thankful that we have SO many wonderful family members that just want to be surrounded with our love. We are a fun bunch, us Templetons.
May everyone having a Christmas or Holiday crisis try to remember the true meaning of Christmas thru your rage and frustration. It only comes once a year people so suck it up, spike your egg nog and don't do anything I wouldn't do! :)
Tis the freaking season! Merry Christmas!

No comments: