Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best Laid Plans....

Well, I can't believe that it is the end of another year! As many of my friends know New Years Eve does not hold a special place in my heart. For years I have had a spell of bad luck that happens to fall on the day or night of NYE.

This year we had planned to spend a quiet but fun NYE in Bowling Green with our friends and our children but as luck would have it poor Ava got a fever accompanied with an earache :( I have learned thru my 19 months of being a parent not to get excited about any plans until you are actually in route or have arrived at your destination :) Kids are so unpredictable and I swear they sense when something is happening and they tend to breakdown accordingly :)

Tex and I were definitely bummed not to see The Shelton's and the The Clark's and we were even more bummed not to get to see all the kiddos play together, but we have many more years to all be together!!! I think that Tex and I have decided to just lay low tonight as there is probably no possible way that either of us could stay up till midnight as it is :) I told Palmer we could get some hats and horns and pretend we are watching the ball drop!

Instead we are going to take Palmer to the Cincinnati Children's museum. Has anyone ever been? This place looks incredible and is ranked as one of the top 10 museums in the country. And just our luck they currently have a Clifford the Big Red Dog exhibit :) You can't get more crazy than that!

As I look back on 2008 I have some definite mixed feelings about the year. It was such a good year in many ways but such a trying year for me as well. I am definitely not sad to see 2008 pass by but I am SO excited about 2009!!! I am hoping that 2009 proves to be a truly wonderful year for our family. We have so much to look forward to in 2009 with the birth of our daughter in Feb, Palmer turning 2 in May, Ashley and Joe getting married in May, and Tex and I celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary in September! With everything Tex and I have gone thru with my struggles this year I am hoping that 2009 will bring us the strength to keep living the life that we want to live cause our lives right now are SO blessed and so much more full than they have ever been.

Here is to everyone that has experienced happiness, sadness and everything in between in 2008 and here is to looking forward and making 2009 the best possible year that it can be!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Connie Shear said...

I love you more than you will ever know and I am so proud of you. I love the Darius song! I have never heard that before. Love MOM