Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pregnancy and a toddler....

I realized lately that I haven't been my normal sappy self and haven't written any sweet mementos of Palmer's development nor have a written about how I am feeling as a pregnant woman! :) My hormones have pretty much kept me from feeling all warm and fuzzy inside lately :) Is this what little girls do to you?

Even though my hormones are charged and ready to go I still have a moment each day where I feel like I am so blessed to be a mom. Being a mom has been by far the greatest thing that I have ever done. It seems like most everything else pales in comparison to being a mom and a wife. All the accomplishments and money in the world would never be as fulfilling as watching your child dance in front of the TV, or reach for you with a smile on his face in the morning from his crib, or my favorite, run to you with such excitement and open arms after you get home from a long day of work.

I look at Palmer and it is sometimes just too much... too much joy, too much pride, too much love. I then think that I get to have double the love, double the laughs and double the joy in just a few short months! I can't wait for Ann Mason to arrive into this world with her very own personality! I can't wait to see what she has in store for our family and the people that love her. Palmer has been such a joy and it is so hard to believe that he is days away from being 19 months old!

He is starting to talk with no real regularity but it is still so exciting to hear each new word come out of his little mouth. He now refers to his aunt Ashley as "wee" and that excites her! He of course has the words mine, no, bottle, milk,truck, etc... memorized to a tee! In fact his teacher Ms. Beth had to inform him that he was NOT the teacher at school the other day because every time she disciplined one of the kids Palmer was 2 steps behind her saying No, No and pointing his little finger :) Of course I think that is SO cute haha

He is a music lover! And all kinds of music and any genre from Beyonce (Single Ladies) to Prince (I need some extra time and your ..... kiss :) He really gets into his dancing and "Wee" says he looks like he is having a seizure but I think that he just really feels the music.

He is a great eater and indulges in most any food that mommy makes. Last night he ate an entire bowl of stir fry which I was impressed by! Currently tonight he is eating with Tex at their favorite gourmet restaurant Chick-Fil-A while I work late.

He is definitely his own personality and very strong willed at that. He is not going to be a cuddler and likes to kind of do his own thing and be independent. Sometimes it can come across that he doesn't like you but he just needs his own space :) Tex says he is like me especially in the mornings cause he needs at least 30 minutes until he becomes social! Once he likes you though you are in! He will be your best friend until the end of time!

This pregnancy is seeming to go by faster by the minute thanks to being so entertained by Palmer! I don't remember having such bad insomnia with Palmer but this pregnancy takes the cake and sleeping has become more of a memory that something that happens on a regular basis. I seem to tire out more frequently but then again I am lugging around a 26 pound toddler that I wasn't when pregnant the first time. I have really embraced this pregnancy and tried to enjoy all that it has to offer me. I LOVE feeling her move inside of me and kick. My favorite time is at night when I am lying in bed and I can see my stomach move when she moves. It is truly a miracle! It is also a miracle how much I can pee :) That never ceases to amaze me!

It is hard to think about this being my last pregnancy, not that it will. I don't know what GOD has in store for Tex and I but if he blesses us again with another child one of these days we will most likely accept the challenge! :) I am so excited for this stage of our lives. I was never the little girl that dreamed of a big fancy wedding and a pretty white dress but rather the little girl that dreamed of being a mom to a precious baby and my dreams have come true two fold!

No comments: