Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy 8 month Birthday

Happy 8 month Birthday Annie-Bananie!

Ann Mason and I at almost 8 months old

Just 8 short months ago you were this precious little peanut!
Oh how you have grown my little lady! Your personality is strongly shining thru everyday! You are vivacious, curious, happy, sensitive, tough, demanding and wonderful! You just seem to flourish more and more each day and our family loves to watch all of the new things you seem to do every day! You light our lives and fill our hearts with so much joy. I cherish the fact daily that I have a daughter and I love the bond that you and I will continue to share throughout the years. You are definitely still a daddy's girl and probably always will be. Your eyes light up the minute he walks into a room and even the sound of his voice makes you chuckle. Your brother still continues to think that you are as big as him and there are some days you must feel like you have played in a football game! No matter what he does it seems that you keep coming back for more :) You two are already so close and that is truly my favorite thing about the both of you is watching the bond that continues to grow as brother and sister.
Here are some of the things you are doing this month:
* You are crawling at the speed of light everywhere! You get stuck under tables, in between the couches, pull on cords, knock over pictures and all the other fun stuff that comes with a newly mobile baby :)
* You FINALLY have 2 teeth! They are your bottom two teeth and it seemed like they took forever but they are here and cute as ever.
* You are not much on baby food but would love to get your hands on anything that mommy and daddy are eating, especially pizza! I have never seen an 8 month old that wants to eat adult food so badly. I have been trying different things to satisfy your mature appetite :)
* You weigh 16 pds 12 oz and are 27 inches long! You are still petite but seem to be long and lean (hopefully like your dad)
*You are wearing 9 to 12 month clothes and I love buying them for you!
* You still have a small amount of hair. I look back at pictures of Palmer at your age and he had a head full of hair (great bow hair) go figure that your hair would take so long to grow :) One day it will look beautiful with the big grosgrain bows I plan to put in it everyday!
* You have regressed in the sleeping department and tend to wake up at least once during the night. I want to let you cry it out but because you are so persistent your daddy usually goes in and gets you up and once you are in his arms you are as happy as a clam and ready to play despite the clock that reads 3:45 am!
* You have NO girly toys and I feel so guilty about that. (hopefully that will change when Santa visits) You love playing with Palmer's match box cars and trucks.
*You hold your own bottle which to me is bittersweet. I love the times I could cuddle you and look into your eyes as you drank your bottle but if you refer back to your sleep regression holding your own bottle at 3:45 am is VERY NICE! :)
*You still make me swell with pride every time I look at you. You are perfect, healthy and a beautiful baby girl and I couldn't ask for anything more!
We LOVE you!







2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy 8 Months!

Connie Shear said...

Ann Mason, we love you. Your Mommy and Daddy love you and Palmer loves you. Aunt Ashley and Uncle Joe adore you and the list goes on and on. Thanks, sweet Blake for sharing your stories with us!