Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Traditions


Ok, so maybe I am on a Christmas kick but my mind works on over-time and I just can't help but plan ahead. I LOVE neat ideas, traditions and anything out of the ordinary. Many of you may know this tradition but it is one that I will be starting this year with my family. Neenie (my mom and the best Neenie in the world!) got Palmer and Ann Mason "The Elf on the Shelf"

This cute little elf (whom we will be naming "Buddy" as a tribute to the real Elf, Will Ferrell) has been a tradition in many homes since the 1970's. His job is to stick around the house during the day to check on whether the kids are being naughty or nice. At night he flies back to the north pole to report to Santa and in the morning he is back at the house in a different spot! It comes with a book explaining the story and each morning when Palmer and Ann Mason wake up they will get to look for "Buddy" and make sure that he has give them a good report to Santa!



1 comment:

Connie Shear said...

HEY, I LOVE BEING "THE BEST NEENIE IN THE WORLD". I COULD NOT THINK OF A BETTER COMPLIMENT! THANKS, HONEY. I LOVE YOU, MOM AND "NENNIE"