Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

8 Weeks and Moving Right Along....

I was 8 weeks Tuesday and I am trucking right along! I am still consumed with wanting to hear the baby's heart rate and wondering constantly if everything will be ok and if the baby is developing, etc.... I think it happens to every mother in that first trimester! I know once I hear the heartbeat my worries and fears will be calmed at least a little :)

I am feeling great so far. A few waves of nausea here and there and of course around 3 pm everyday I am ready to lay my head on my desk and take a quick cat nap, but who doesn' t feel like that :) I feel blessed to be pregnant again and I am trying to soak up all of my feelings and thoughts and take everything in this time!

Last time I was so consumed with that what if's and what will happen next that I don't feel like I got to live in the moment and this time I am really trying to do that! I got a wonderful pregnancy journal and I have started writing in it. I love that my mom wrote me letters on every month of my first year and every year after 1. I re-read those letters all of the time now that I am a mom myself and I love to see the simliarities between myself as a baby and Palmer. I love to read what she was thinking and going thru, there is such a connection between my mom and I when I read those letters.

I think the only big problem of these first few weeks is my hormones! When I am not wanting to bite someone's head off I find myself crying for any reason at all! I think if Tex gets one more call at 7 in the morning where I am crying he might dis-own me! These hormones have made me so guilty for some reason! Everyday I cry after I drop Palmer off at daycare because he is crying so hard and his sweet face is red and he just looks at me like what kind of person just drops there baby off and leaves? UGH! The agony of it all is going to kill me! I feel guilty when I am tired and don't have the energy to be on the floor playing but would rather watch from the sidelines (aka couch) while him and Tex wrestle on the floor. I feel guilty because my patience is wearing thin and if one more pea flys across the kitchen floor I think I am going to lose it! Last night I just held him while he slept and apologized to him for everything and anything. He wasn't even mad at me but I still apologized :)

I am trying to get this mommy thing right, and thus far I think I am doing ok! Palmer and I are forming this unbelievable bond that just keeps getting stronger everyday! He is my sidekick, my confidant, my friend, and my baby and I can't believe that I get to be so lucky all over again!

Here is an update with what is going on with Baby T #2 (what a lousy nickname, huh?) at 8 weeks!



Week 8: Fetal Development: From Embryo to Baby
At a length of about half an inch right now, your baby has graduated from blueberry-sized to raspberry-sized. Baby is growing in your womb about a millimeter each day, and not just in height: Spurts can occur in the arms, legs, back, and other parts of your baby's body.
How's your baby measuring up this week? At a length of about half an inch right now, your baby has graduated from blueberry-sized to raspberry-sized. But weekly growth is getting a bit hard to estimate, and here's why: Growth occurs at about the rate of one millimeter each day, but that growth isn't necessarily just in height. Spurts can occur in the arms, legs, back, and other parts of your baby's body. So, big changes will be occurring every which way in the coming months. What else is changing right now? A close-up view of your little embryo (say cheese!) would reveal a more baby-like appearance (and thankfully, a less reptilian one). You'd see an upper lip forming, the protruding tip of that cute button nose, and tiny (and very thin) eyelids. And check out those hands and feet! Your baby's webbed fingers and toes are differentiating now, so give your baby a round of applause.
All this growing is exciting for your baby too. How do you know? His or her heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute. (That's twice as fast as your heart beats.) Your baby's digs are growing, too. Amniotic fluid increases at a rate of about two tablespoons per week to accommodate your womb's growing tenant.

No comments: