Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

You know your a redneck when.....

So, this weekend was a pretty good weekend... It was probably the first weekend in what seems like forever that I had NOTHING to do! Usually when I say we have nothing to do we always seem to have at least 10 things to do but this weekend literally there was NOTHING to do!

Unfortanetly we couldn't go out of town if we had wanted to because Tex did have to work both Saturday and Sunday :( Did I mention I hate his busy season? So, anyways Friday was a fairly low key night. My morning sickness was in full gear so we didn't do anything but eat dinner and watch a movie (PS. Definitely, Maybe is such a cute movie!)

Then Saturday we woke up and P and I hung out while Tex went to work and we met Jamie at the pool which was nice! It was so hot here that is about all that you could do this weekend! After the pool we came home to decide what we were going to do next! Mind you, you would think that we would enjoy having a weekend to do nothing! But in all reality by Saturday night we up to our eyes with nothing to do and by golly we wanted to do something!

Bring in the hormones!!! I start crying like a baby cause I miss our families and no one is near us and I just want to go eat dinner at my mom's house or go to Owensboro, etc... Next thing I know I am laying on the floor crying and Palmer and Molly think this is fun so they climb on top of me and start hugging me and laughing so I had no choice but to pick myself up and end my pity party right then and there!

So to make a long story shorter :) it was too hot to go to a Bats game, or go to the zoo, etc... So Tex and I brainstormed and came up with a place we never thought about going before....

Chick-Fila's playground!





Yes, that's right folks by this time I was tired and hungry and a good chick-fila sandwhich and fries sounded like just what I needed. Palmer was thrilled to be there and it looked like it was turning into a pretty good little night until....

Palmer goes to play in the playground. Does no one read the sign 3 and Under? There are children in there as tall as me zooming past me and almost knocking Palmer over, where are their mothers? Well, apprently it wasn't the big kids that I would have to worry about!

So in walks what seems to be an innocent little 2 year old girl with Elmo on her shirt. Sweet enough, right? Wrong apperantly she has some anger issues and walked straight up to Palmer and screams "No, Baby" and shoves him into the neareast metal pole. I am proud to say Palmer took it like a man and was gracious about it but he was definitely at this point getting a pretty big bump on his head. It took everything I had not to yank this little brats pigtails and drag her out of the playland.


(Picture of Palmers wound, little red spot on the top of forehead:)





Then to make matters worse her mom insisted we stand there until Mrs. Crazy can say she is sorry.
It went a little something like this:

Mom: Little girl you better say your sorry to that little boy right now
Ms. Crazy: SCREEEEEAAAAAM
Mom: Say your sorry!!!!
Ms. Crazy: SCREEEAAAAAM
Mom: You are not going to be allowed to play anymore until you say your sorry
Ms. Crazy: SCREEEEEEAAAAMS LOOOOUUUUDER

At this point Palmers head was swelling and I politely looked at the mom and said we are going to have to leave, we don't have time to wait for her to say she is sorry!

I mean really! I would have been humilated! Someone needs Nanny 911 at their house for sure!

So the moral of the story for the night was you know your a redneck when your son gets beat up by a girl on a Saturday night at the Chick-Fila playground! :)

To say the least, the rest of our weekend paled in comparison to our exciting Saturday night! haha

No comments: