Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Oh, the JOYS of motherhood...

Yesterday was on of those days that made question my mother skills! Was mothering children really what I was supposed to do because if so I needed to go to some mothering classes ASAP! :)

It started off yesterday with my pregnancy hormones raging and I decided that my sweet son no longer had an interest in his mommy! I tried everything to get him to love and hug on me yesterday but he was more interested in everything else around him including his own shoe! It was that bad, his shoe was more exciting than Mommy! So that marked the first teary meltdown!

The second teary meltdown occured, oh let's say 5 minutes later when I realized I was exhausted and wanted to lay down but then felt guilty because I needed to gain back some brownie points with the son that does not find me interesting anymore! The third teary meltdown occured just another short 5 minutes after the second teary meltdown when my innocent and sweet husband became the target of my emotions and was told that, "I NEED HELP!" I can't possibly carry a baby, take care of another baby, work full time, cook dinner and clean the house and I was just SO tired. He sweetly looked at me and told me to go upstairs lay down and hopefully be refreshed to go out to eat. (What he really meant was go lock yourself in the bedroom until you come out with a new attitude!) He is SO nice to me I swear!

So.... onto dinner with the Prather's. I was so excited about going to dinner at JB's Brewhouse. Tex and I had just eaten there recently and Palmer did great, we had a great lunch, etc... I just knew it was going to be a great dinner and it was until.... the server took FOREVER to bring out even our salds which as any mother knows you only have a good 20-30 minutes before the wee one gets aggitated and wants out to explore his new surroundings. Well, that 20-30 minutes was down the drain and we didn't even have our salads, we were in for a ride!

So, as a way to distract Palmer from getting aggitated and cranky Tex and I both thought feeding him would keep him slightly entertained. Well, feed him we did and apparently a little too much! He became incredily aggitated and proceeded to wiggle his way out of his car seat 3 times onto the floor! My patience was wearing thin at this point and my meal had lost all of its appeal. But then came the good part. Due to the overfeeding of dairy products (Way to go on the parenting!) Palmer started throwing up in his stroller. I yank him out as all eyes are watching my every move and start rushing him into the bathroom that is ALL the way at the other end of the restuarant. Just as we were passing the table of 4 next to us Palmer turns to look at me and out comes projectile vomit that lands on my hair, face, and clothes and the rest of it goes back on Palmer.

So, I turn back to our table cause at this point I wasn't sure wether to let him throw up all thru the restaurant or just let him puke in one spot. What's a mother to do? And then, oh no, I think I am going to puke so I decide to take my chances and dash off to the bathroom where I held in the urge to get sick myself and worked on cleaning up my little pukey monster. So, I stripped him down and soaked his clothes in the sink. I started cleaning my hair face and shirt off, getting us ready to make the walk of shame out of the restaurant.

So after the clean up, Palmer and I tried to conspicously leave the restaurant but I think people noticed that my son was now just in a diaper and tennis shoes and I was soaked from head to toe. As we got outside my nerves were starting to calm down even though I was embaressed by the fact that my now happy-go-lucky toddler was running around in nothing but a diaper and tennis shoes, oh well at this point anything goes.... until some snotty lady with her cute litte snotty daughter walked up, looked at Palmer and said, "Nice outfit buddy!" That is where I lost it and screamed after her that we had an accident and were waiting for his Father to come out! HOW RUDE! As if we hadn't been thru enough I didn't need any patronizing from some snotty stranger!

Finally after all was said and done we drove home redneck style.. Palmer naked in his carseat and me shirtless sitting next to my hubby in the pickup truck.

What a night! We have now vowed to not do restuarants until we feel P is ready to tackle that kind of social atmosphere again (maybe when he is 18!) For now we will be collecting all of the to-go menus in Louisville and anytime we have an urge to go out to eat we will be pulling one of those and eating on our back patio! With the second once I will probably just lay out some boxes of cereal on the counter and let the kids eat with their hands! I can only do so much :)

On a good note I have a due date! Went to the dr yesterday and she said we could plan it for 02/23/2009!! Only... 226 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 49 seconds until Monday, February 23, 2009 at 9:00:00 AM (Louisville time)

2 comments:

Connie Shear said...

Just wanted you to know, daughter of mine, that the wonderful out weighs the "not so wonderful" moments while you watch your children grow into adulthood! Look how much I still love you:) MOM

JElmer said...

Tell P that Aunt Jamie does not like that type of pukey behavior, and I would appreciate if he would refrain when he is hanging out with me!