Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

23 Weeks and Other Fun Stuff!

I am 23 weeks so far! I went to my dr appt today and AM's heartbeat was loud and clear and in the 160's! She is a busy bee! Dr. Walsh said my last ultrasound looked good, AM was still small but progressing! We are going back for another growth ultrasound in 2 weeks and then starting at 28 weeks we will go in weekly for a bio-physical ultrasound to check my fluids and make sure the baby is not under any stress. It seems intense to do it weekly but I am so thankful that they are being overly cautious vs not recognizing a problem!!!

Here is what AM is doing this week and a picture!


Week 23 of Pregnancy: Fetal Weight Gain
At eight inches and slightly over a pound, your baby is the size and shape of a small doll. You've probably heard your developing baby's heartbeat through a Doppler a number of times, but by now you can also hear it through a standard stethoscope. What a heart throb! At eight inches and slightly over a pound, your baby is the size and shape of a small doll. (But then, you already knew that you were carrying a living doll, didn't you?) This week marks the beginning of some serious weight gain. Your baby's weight in the next four weeks alone should double (and you may feel as though yours is too). You have probably heard your developing baby's heartbeat through a Doppler a number of times already (though you never get tired of hearing it), but by now you can also hear it through a standard stethoscope. What a heart throb! Your baby's skin is reddish in color now because of the developing blood vessels underneath (remember, the skin is very thin still). It also hangs loosely from his or her little body at this point. That's because the skin grows faster than the fat develops during fetal growth. But don't worry. By the time your baby is born, he or she will be pleasantly plump and filled out — from chubby cheeks to chubby toes.


It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!!!!


This movie came on two nights ago and for some reason I got SO excited. It took me back to when I was little and watched this every Halloween. We were not a "Halloween" family but this is the one thing I do remember loving. So, I propped Palmer up next to me and we sat and watched this movie. He was in AWE and laughed at all of the funny parts especially Snoopy dressed up as a pilot :) In that moment I was the happiest mom in the world!
I LOVE traditions and there are SO many things I can't wait to do with P and AM. Tex thinks I am nuts but I even want to buy matching pj's for the whole family to wear every Christmas Eve night starting this year :) Traditions meant so much to me when I was little, it was the consistent things in life that I always counted on and still do. I can't wait to put valentine notes in lunch boxes, and hide Easter baskets and do Easter Egg Hunts for Easter, buy matching Red, White and Blue outfits and decorate bikes for the 4th of July Parade, make spiders out of gummie worms for Halloween, and go around the table and name one thing you are thankful for for Thanksgiving and for Christmas, there are just too many to name! Chain Link countdowns, baking cookies, Bernstein Bears Christmas video and putting up the tree, etc.... I am so blessed that I have such a wonderful family and I get to re-live all of these innocent moments thru my children, what a great feeling!


No comments: