Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

We had a GREAT weekend! This weekend epitomized why I have always wanted to be a mom, it was that great of a weekend :) This weekend was all about Prince Palmer! It was his weekend to have fun and for mommy and daddy to be at his beckon call (as if we are ever not!)

Some highlights of our weekend:
Friday night we went to P's fall carnival at "school/daycare"! Do you remember cake walks? Oh my gosh Cake Walks bring back SO many memories from Elementary School! His room sponsored the cake walk so I brought in some yummy deserts and Palmer and I walked around until he won a prize! Mind you, all of the kiddos were dressed up in their finest Halloween outfits. Most of the little girls were of course princesses except for the one scary girl who chose to be a dead cheerleader! All I could think is I hope Ann Mason doesn't want to be that one day!
Palmer luckily had no real opinions on his costume so I got to dress him up as the cutest monkey I have ever seen :)

Saturday we FINALLY made it to church! Bad, I know we have been horrible about going to church lately since Tex works on Sunday mornings so we decided to go on Saturday night and then treat Palmer to his fav kiddie cup of Strawberry Ice Cream, he ate it so fast that he got a head freeze but he kept right on going!

Sunday the festivities continued as we headed to the Prathers to eat lunch and see all of their home improvements! Lind's continues to be a trooper and is doing SO good! Please pray that baby Will isn't as stubborn as she thinks he will be and makes an appearance into this world soon! His nursery is fit for a king and they both seem so excited and ready, I can't wait for Palmer to meet one of his best friends ever!

After their house we headed home for naps and then got right back up for a Radio Disney Party at the Summit. The set up was not so great but a couple of Palmer's friends showed up Ms. Isabella, Ms. Savannah and Ms. Harper. (What is wrong with this picture?) He needs some BOYS around! He had a blast and ran around in his monkey outfit until he couldn't run any longer!

I had so much fun! I think I like doing this stuff more than he does. This is the stuff that I dreamed of doing when I am a mom and now I get to! Today was hard as usual to drop him off at daycare after such a good weekend! He hates it and so do I , that is our time to bond and then it seems that Monday always comes so fast.

Here are a few pics from the weekend! If you are wondering why all of his Monkey pics are of him looking in the mirror it is the only way I could get him to stay still! :)

The little Monkey's first glimpse of himself all dressed up! He is in AWE!


I think he is touching the mirror to make sure he is real :)


Well, we also attempted to paint AM's room but the painter that painted it yellow used an oil based paint for some reason! So now Tex gets to prime it then paint it, he was so excited he decided to wait until next weekend! :) Here are some before pics with all the furniture moved out!



1 comment:

Connie Shear said...

I laughed out loud so hard!!!!! He is a precious darling and I know he is your darling but also ours! When I saw him touching that mirror it reminded me of you, always making sure everything was real:) It is baby girl, it is real and I love you more each day. LU MOM